Footholds & Win situations in PS2 (Just my idea) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Like a Bottle Of Fine Wine.. It Keeps Getting Older
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-03-29, 05:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Heaven
Master Sergeant

Footholds & Win situations in PS2 (Just my idea)

Hey guys this is just my idea of how footholds could work, at the same time letting us have win situations. I said something about it in a previous post but thought I would put my idea across to see what you all think.

In this picture the NC have taken over a continent making it go in to lockdown and shields go up, this then stops opposing faction from spawning there and attacking this continent. The timer I have put up is just an example but I was thinking the smaller the timer the faster the action, so that’s why a 2 hour one seems to me, to be alright. And as soon as the time has ended the shields go down then the enemy factions can then spawn at the footholds or fly over and attack. Enemy players can still spawn at footholds on enemy continents but cant attack due to the shields, this then leaves them ground if all continents are locked to them.

Once the shield timers go down and factions can then attack the continent again, all bases will still belong to the NC, but if the NC stops the attackers again, the continent won’t go in to lockdown this time (because it will be unfair and frustrating for opposing factions), continents must be defended for a certain amount so it will work like a cool down effect, and once the cool down for the shields regenerate your empire gets the privilege to have the shields up again.

But anyway just my idea of how footholds and win situations could work.

Last edited by Heaven; 2012-03-29 at 05:34 AM.
Old 2012-03-29, 05:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vancha
Colonel

Re: Footholds & Win situations in PS2 (Just my idea)

How do you avoid having the three continents locked at the same time? Say TR locked the bottom continent and the VS locked the top continent while there was still time remaining on the NC continent?
Old 2012-03-29, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Heaven
Master Sergeant

Re: Footholds & Win situations in PS2 (Just my idea)

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
How do you avoid having the three continents locked at the same time? Say TR locked the bottom continent and the VS locked the top continent while there was still time remaining on the NC continent?
Simply have really small cool down timers for the lockdown, say somthing like 30 mins, instead of 2 hours,
this way the other factions will only have to wait around for 30mins, although its a disadvantage thats what you get for loosing lol. This gives them a chance to organise their next attack as soon as the shields go down. and plus if the NC, TR or VS lock another continent then they are going to have to wait for the shields to come up to stop attackers, so thats where a long timer for the shiled cool downs would come in to stop this problem. I think it would be reasonable to have sheild timers to have a cool down of 3-4 hours at least, this then gives the oposing factions time to kick some ass and take back some territory to stop them getting locked out again.

Last edited by Heaven; 2012-03-29 at 06:36 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion