Questions for Pro7 - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Siege the Zerg Lair!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-31, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Re: Questions for Pro7

Originally Posted by Ant001 View Post
I forgot to add ....I can't believe guys are worried they may find a company who could possibly be worse than sony at keeping their accounts safe and doing the right thing. Sony are a terrible company but unfortunately they have the game I want to play lmao.
I know right? Irony at it's best. But perhaps SOE got their act together because of the hacking. At the very least we know that they have authenticators. Which won't work with Pro7.
Whether or not Pro7 will make their own is at this point unknown
Old 2012-07-31, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
unAimed
Private

Originally Posted by FastAndFree View Post
I wonder why people even bothered to ask that question. If they said "We will NEVER EVER do that, stars be our witnesses!" we/you still wouldn't believe it, so...
Well - I would have preferred "We can't - we are obliged to follow Sonys pricing and item structure"...

The way I see it is the following - Pro7 has complete freedom how to price the game - They'll start with Sonys model and go from there...
Old 2012-07-31, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
Revanmug
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
If they said "we will never do it" fine, but they didn't every time they could have put the subject to rest Brolly left it open to change in the future and even admitted it might happen. "So while it might happen in the future".

I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned they may as well have just admitted to planning to add p2w items at some point. The whole statement boils down to sticking to F2P for the short term but an uncertain long term future.

At the end of the day they are a company in it for profit. Once the profit margins start to drop I have no doubt they will start to shift to a P2W model.
I would like to point out that nothing is stopping SOE from adding P2W as well in a few years. Like you said, Company are there to make profit and SOE is one of these...
Old 2012-07-31, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
unAimed
Private

Originally Posted by Revanmug View Post
I would like to point out that nothing is stopping SOE from adding P2W as well in a few years. Like you said, Company are there to make profit and SOE is one of these...
Somehow I trust Sony more then Alaplaya (a.k.a. p2w... ) when it comes to these decisions.
Old 2012-07-31, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #110
Rabb
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Revanmug View Post
I never said that Sony would not or could not do this. But as I'm an EU player the store I will be using will be run by Pro7 not SOE.

Originally Posted by unAimed View Post
Somehow I trust Sony more then Alaplaya (a.k.a. p2w... ) when it comes to these decisions.
There reputation speaks for it's self and is why there is such a big fuss. SOE are not perfect by like you I would trust them more.

||| Facebook | Twitter | Forums |||
Old 2012-07-31, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

"So while it might happen in the future where we may have some exclusive items on either end (I’d dare say at this stage it would be mostly cosmetic stuff), we will strive to ensure that they fit within the awesome PlanetSide 2 gameplay framework. " - Brollywood.

I don't like the sound of it. Not at all. It's like "we will be allowed to create exclusive items, and we will do it as soon as we can." And considering the past of pro7's Alaplaya, that means nothing else than p2w, or going further: pay-to-at-least-have-a-fucking-chance".

I'm aware of Brollywood's status as production manager, and I really appreciate his enthusiasm for keeping SOE's original approach, I still have doubt of the creditabily of the company. I simply fear that if the game doesn't produce the numbers pro7 expects, he will just be set aside, or he will have to make the decision if he wants to participate in going p2w or find another job.

Last edited by Trolltaxi; 2012-07-31 at 02:24 PM.
Old 2012-07-31, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
Hmuda
Private

After reading the FAQ after linking, they still seem to allow inter-region play. If that's the case, they really cannot start doing development on their own, like with some Korean MMOs, where the western company goes its own way. If we can freely switch between EU and US servers, then it's pretty much impossible to have different content on them. It seems SOE is still very much in charge of the development for both regions.

However, how does this influence the beta? Was my last few weeks of anticipation pointless, or will we EU guys still get our spot at the same time as everyone else? Also, how does this influence the FB app? Can I stop inviting people since it's pointless, or will I still get that golden gun, implants and cash-points?
Old 2012-08-01, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
LastDawn
Private

Will European players be able to access Test or Beta servers in order to provide feedback on upcoming game content?

Yes, players with a Test or Beta access can continue to test the games and provide feedback before release of the games that offer these servers.
So there is still hope.. thats from the offical F.A.Q btw http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuop...topic_id=47694
Old 2012-08-01, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
ETD
Private

So while it might happen in the future where we may have some exclusive items on either end (I’d dare say at this stage it would be mostly cosmetic stuff), we will strive to ensure that they fit within the awesome PlanetSide 2 gameplay framework.

I don't like this one little bit.

I'm OK with EU specific visual things (country flags as badges on the armor or osmething is cool), but the day you add any items changing the gameplay i will leave the game. And I'm usually someone who buys quite a bit of stuff in a f2p game. Just saying.
Old 2012-08-01, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #115
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by ETD View Post
I'm OK with EU specific visual things (country flags as badges on the armor or osmething is cool), but the day you add any items changing the gameplay i will leave the game. And I'm usually someone who buys quite a bit of stuff in a f2p game. Just saying.
This is offtopic but I sure hope not! Earth flags have no place on Auraxis

On the whole pay to win thing, I guess if worst comes to worst Pro7 still can't afford to make the game pay to win on their end, because european players will be able to play on the US servers (and we know that SOE/Pro7 players will be divided based on location not on which server they play on).
So if Pro7 were selling Lasher +5s people could buy them for their characters on the US server (or transfer a character from an EU server to a US one) pissing off "SOE's" players. SOE won't let that happen
Old 2012-08-01, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
Thomanson
Private

Originally Posted by FastAndFree View Post
This is offtopic but I sure hope not! Earth flags have no place on Auraxis

On the whole pay to win thing, I guess if worst comes to worst Pro7 still can't afford to make the game pay to win on their end, because european players will be able to play on the US servers (and we know that SOE/Pro7 players will be divided based on location not on which server they play on).
So if Pro7 were selling Lasher +5s people could buy them for their characters on the US server (or transfer a character from an EU server to a US one) pissing off "SOE's" players. SOE won't let that happen
As a US player, that's what had me a little concerned... The instant that any upgrade/levelling boost/whathaveyou is cheaper on Pro7 than SOE, those EU accounts better be kicked off the US servers, and vice versa. The ONLY differences they can make without affecting balance are cosmetic ones, unless they do it exactly in lockstep with SOE. So, Pro7/SOE, you've got your choice, basically be twins, or separate the regions completely.
Old 2012-08-01, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Price differences of sidegrades/boosts wouldn't be game breaking. Annoying maybe. But not disruptive.
What would be an issue is if one of the regions (and thus, only part of the players on any given server) had better items available in their cash shop

They have alredy promised that Pro7 and SOE players won't be segregated server-wise

Last edited by FastAndFree; 2012-08-01 at 03:47 AM.
Old 2012-08-01, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #118
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

I wonder how Pro7 would have the ability to introduce pay2win or any other "unwanted" item in PS2 without SOEs concent. SOE still hosts the servers so any new "asset" or any new line of code would have to be created and put in there by SOE. So if Pro7 introduced p2w, SOE has to be okay with it as they have to put it into the game in the first place...
Old 2012-08-01, 06:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #119
Monsta
Corporal

Quite sure that 'Dutch' support isn't needed. Most of the people in the Netherlands are pretty well educated with the English language as their second language. All I care about is that the EU server (north-west) is hosted in the Netherlands, since we Dutch people manage the AMS-IX. Hello 5/20ms ping! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterd...ernet_Exchange

Last edited by Monsta; 2012-08-01 at 06:30 AM.
Old 2012-08-01, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #120
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Monsta View Post
Quite sure that 'Dutch' support isn't needed. Most of the people in the Netherlands are pretty well educated with the English language as their second language. All I care about is that the EU server (north-west) is hosted in the Netherlands, since we Dutch people manage the AMS-IX. Hello 5/20ms ping! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterd...ernet_Exchange
There are 3 big, obvious and logical data center of interest in europe, Amsterdam (AMS-IX you link), London (check out LINX) and Frankfurt (see DE-CIX) because they also are big Internet transit points. It's beneficial to everyone, they are pretty central. The difference between "AMSIX hosted" and "DE-CIX hosted" for you would be like 5-10 ms delay, tbh.

And just to nitpick, AMS-IX, as well as other "IX", do not "host" servers and services. They are traffic exchange points, no more. It appears many hosters put there machines nearby, ofc.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion