News: Several New Weapons Available - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only true cradle of the Hair God...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-06, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Kail
Staff Sergeant

Re: Several New Weapons Available

Originally Posted by artifice View Post
There's absolutely no way they aren't checking each individual model and texture as it comes into range. It would allow for model hacks and it needs to tell client B that client A is coming into range with model and texture A and vice-versa. Otherwise client B would never know client A was around. The only other option is to tell all clients on the server that client A is using a specific weapon at the point of loading into the map and every time a new person logged into the server, that would be beyond inefficient for the client and server.

You being hit by people you cannot see is part of the limitation. They prioritize which models and textures are loaded because there is such heavy limitations. This is a case where client A was informed about client B, but not vice-versa because client B was not notified of what models and textures client A had. The more models they add, the more limitations they will need to set on what is loaded.
I can almost guarantee that you are not sending models and textures back to the server, even as checksums, every time something pops on your screen. It's not feasible.
Old 2012-12-06, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
moosepoop
Captain

even though the MCG looks retarded, i use it because its the only gun that stands out from the other tr guns, BCM11, SADFSDF222, DFJSKGF-32, whatever the hell theyre called.
Old 2012-12-06, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the NC Longshot, in empire colors. Already nerfed, of course.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-12-06, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
SturmovikDrakon
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, I present the NC Longshot, in empire colors. Already nerfed, of course.

Along with other Empire variants!

I want to buy a nerf gun just to spray paint it TR now
Old 2012-12-06, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Hamma
PSU Admin

Some errors in todays patch.

Double checking the data files that went live with the patch, flak damage and composite armor resistance to flak is unchanged.

However, there were some things that went up by mistake.
The tooltips for the composite armor did change. Mostly though this was to clarify how composite armor works. The new wordage more accurately describes what the composite armor does, which increases the vehicles baseline resistance to those damage types.
As for the M60 Bulldog, parts of the intended change for the next patch went live. Below is a list of all the changes to the bulldog, some went live early.
  • Direct damage increase
  • Faster fire rate
  • Faster projectile
  • Faster Reload
  • Reduced clip size
Once all those changes are in, it should be an overall buff to the Bulldog.
via Kevmo

Kevmo posted on our forums about this, but I wanted to post here too. The update to composite armor is a correction to it's description, thats it. The old description was wrong, the new one is correct and gives a better description of the effect of the armor, rather than the armor + natural resistance. Functionally the attachment is the same as before. Composite armor is actually getting a bit STRONGER with the next patch to keep it's overall effectiveness the same along with the buff to flak damage - it's essentially a wash when you factor in the flak change, but if you had next week's composite armor today, it would be better.

Composite Armor isn't being nerfed, and it's no more or less useless than it was before. Now the tooltip is just accurate now. Sorry for the confusion.
Via Higby

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-12-07, 02:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Kiwihead
Private

Originally Posted by Strube View Post
- The player who submitted it would get a small fraction of the SC that people spend on that weapon (Say 1 SC per purchase).
That would be an outright insult and slap in the face. 50/50 at the very least, or it wouldn't be worth even the time to make the item.

Say you make a rifle that costs 500 SC to unlock, you would get $0.01. Even if 1000 people bought the asset you would end up with only $10. Let's say you spend a day working on a rifle (8 hours), just as an example. At $40/hour (which is what my time costs for this kind of work) they'd have to sell 32,000 rifles to make up for even the time spent. I doubt an item would sell that many in the game's entire lifetime.
Old 2012-12-07, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by Kiwihead View Post
That would be an outright insult and slap in the face. 50/50 at the very least, or it wouldn't be worth even the time to make the item.

Say you make a rifle that costs 500 SC to unlock, you would get $0.01. Even if 1000 people bought the asset you would end up with only $10. Let's say you spend a day working on a rifle (8 hours), just as an example. At $40/hour (which is what my time costs for this kind of work) they'd have to sell 32,000 rifles to make up for even the time spent. I doubt an item would sell that many in the game's entire lifetime.
players receive 40%.

i really hope player studios comes for planetside 2.
Old 2012-12-07, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SturmovikDrakon View Post

That's great stuff right there.
Old 2012-12-07, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by SturmovikDrakon View Post

Oh yes, I'll take that NS one, or do my own.. or maybe do one like Alpha Squad VS!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion