PC Gamer: It's time to return to Auraxis - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-07-05, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
SixShooter
Captain

Re: PC Gamer: It's time to return to Auraxis

Nice to see some positive shit out there around the interwebs. I've been having an amazingly good time with the server merge and the Hossin release. With the PS4 release, I'm hoping that I get a few of my non-PC friends into this as well.

I also realize that we have a long way to go to at least get to a good balance from where the original game was to what it should be today. So many components are still missing and it's clearly obvious to all of us but I'm not about to let it ruin my good times.

This game is not so different from the first, insomuch that it caters to, and offers, a completely different game play experience from anything thing else out there. I, for one, still love that experience. I love the back and forth action between bases. I love it when it takes over an hour to capture or defend a base and the amazing battles in between. I miss gen holds and back door battles but it's evolved into something different and I like that too.

I'll totally admit to being a fanboy but, when you spend a decade or more with the game you love, what can you expect? I admit the current state of the game has major problem but since I'm still having loads of fun I'll fucking look to the future with a smile.

Old 2014-07-07, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Mune
Private

Hey Hamma! Nice article, well written and a good read, hope it convinces to bring some players back. As others have mentioned, it's nice to see some clearly written praise for the game. I'm a fan of the game, present state and potential. People like to throw a lot of flak at PS2 but they care enough to write about it, so...

Found a tiny typo I wanted to point out, no big deal.

"causing a massive scramble as armies adjust the the new position of their home base."
Old 2014-07-07, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Have you ever considered because it's a bad idea? The large, laggy, and unorganized zerg fights are the fights you want to avoid. Regardless of what your platoons skill might be it's still a joke when a giant mass of zergy pubbers just comes rushing in with nothing but sheer numbers. Do you have any idea how many people, outside of SOE circles, laugh when they see a trailer for PS2 and the amount of numbers being thrown around?

It's like making the worlds largest burrito. Sure you CAN do it, but when all you want is a regular sized burrito, then why? Just because you CAN make something big doesn't mean you should. In fact, most things over-scaled are usually comical.

Now, if you want to talk about multiple squads running around in organized unison, then that's another thing, but sheer size alone is never a goal you want to portray without first showcasing depth.
My point is Zeta is that they are trying to do something no one else is even attempting to do. The size and scale I am referring to is not only the game size (numbers) but also the complexity of organization, layers of game play, and the challenge of delivering a real scale "WAR" simulation to thousands of people in the same server.

I have seen such a decline in unique game development in the last decade much like the movie industry doing a bunch of remakes. Quite honestly single player and most multiplayer games just don't challenge me anymore or hold my interest. They are to predictable or re-hashed. PS2 puts me up against hundreds of other "real brains" which makes it unique every time in some way.
Old 2014-07-16, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Ghost Runner
Staff Sergeant

Thank you Hamma loved the artical.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion