For those of you still playing.. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where's the beef?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-08, 07:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
hashish
Sergeant

Re: For those of you still playing..

I agree, ive been around since tech test and this game means more to me than others since i spent alot of time playing PS1..

Hope the best for the next 6 months )

Old 2013-07-08, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

On to the next 6 months? Pah

More like 10+ years. Its only just starting, we are pratically just out of beta.

Chinas release is big. The PS4 release will propably be even bigger. PS2 will stay around a loooonnnggg time. And I intend to be there till the very end.
Old 2013-07-08, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
On to the next 6 months? Pah

More like 10+ years. Its only just starting, we are pratically just out of beta.

Chinas release is big. The PS4 release will propably be even bigger. PS2 will stay around a loooonnnggg time. And I intend to be there till the very end.
Planetside vets , and now our watch begins. It shall not end until our deaths. I shall take no other fps, hold no console controller, prefer no other game. We shall capture no crown and win no glory. We shall live and die at our posts. We are the sword in the darkness. We are the watchers on the walls. We are the fire that burns against the haters, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the naysayers, the shield that guards the realms of Auraxis. I pledge my life and honor to Planetside, for this night and all nights to come.

(looking to improve the pledge)
(parody all rights reserved to George R.R Martin)
Old 2013-07-08, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Wahooo
Captain

Definitely went through some rough spots for me. I know a lot who didn't make it through december and I was almost one of them.

Was very sporadic through the beginning of this year, but i've been liking the game more and more every update.

Still some things (mostly small stuff) I find irritating but a lot of that I know they are working on.

I'll be here for a while i'm sure.
Old 2013-07-08, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Nur
Sergeant

This game needs months to be understood, if one plays only say 10 hours a week.

So it is ok for me and many people that have to work.

The fact is that mastering everything is so difficult that you require time.

I see great potential in this game, I really enjoy it a lot and it is the first time I go over 6 months with a MMO.
Old 2013-07-08, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Phantomdestiny View Post
Planetside vets , and now our watch begins. It shall not end until our deaths. I shall take no other fps, hold no console controller, prefer no other game. We shall capture no crown and win no glory. We shall live and die at our posts. We are the sword in the darkness. We are the watchers on the walls. We are the fire that burns against the haters, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the naysayers, the shield that guards the realms of Auraxis. I pledge my life and honor to Planetside, for this night and all nights to come.

(looking to improve the pledge)
(parody all rights reserved to George R.R Martin)
Capture no crown... except one...

I'm with ya on this, I'll be playing this game for a long time to come.
Old 2013-07-08, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
Capture no crown... except one...

I'm with ya on this, I'll be playing this game for a long time to come.
not that one either , we all hate the crown.
Old 2013-07-08, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Been playing since alpha and I have no reason to stop.
Old 2013-07-08, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Crysis
Private

Hi
I have to say that the game for me is still new. I have only been playing for a four or five months but it has a ton of potential and I have no attentions on leaving this game for a long time. Please do not take my comments below as a bitch fest just 30 years of gaming experience observations on how to improve the game to keep players and keep attracting more new players.
The problem with the game is the new player friendliness and balancing such as weapons, tanks, and aircraft. Other problems are the leadership and the team work that is not SOE problem that is ours the players.
For new players this game has a major learning curve it does not play like Call of Duty or Battlefield. If you come in expecting that your enjoyment of the game is going to wane quickly (I do believe that is why we lose so many so quickly). It takes time to train people on how to get from location to location because of the map size and spawn locations. Recruiting for an outfit is time consuming and to build a quality group you have to train players how your outfit plays. Other than in live action there is no way to show new players the ins and outs. This becomes a problem because new players get frustrated getting smoked every few seconds. Maybe a separate VR training room would help with bots that defend it. With them shooting back while attempting a base capture it would add a little real game feel. That way you get to learn what base set ups are like and how to take them as a player or squad possible a platoon.
As anyone on the Waterson server can tell you when two factions throw in against one the game gets bogged down for the one faction. This happens on a regular basses on Waterson server. I like to see a balance of territory where you can’t take from one faction on a continent cap you have to take from both almost equally to balance out the fighting. I know that adds a ton of crap on top of the lattice system but with battle islands and the new continent set to release soon I see a major problem about to occur if some kind of steps are not in place to hinder this a little bit.
Communications
Some type of Command channel only for platoon leaders that have at least 30 plus members in there platoons would be nice. Too often command chat is nothing more than a bunch of complaining and bitching because everyone has different opinion’s. Then to boot squad or platoon leaders are not even running full squads. Kind gets me a little upset when you hear. Hey command we are moving in on one location and then 10 minutes later we need help we are outnumbered. Then you check the map and its 1-12 against 12-24.
I know that balancing is a tricky issue if you take too much away from one side the others will dominate or nerf something to much then it disrupts balance of flow. There are many examples of this I could give but think the one most of us can relate to now is air maxes. Air maxes for instance balanced out the complete air domination now they have nurfed them so bad they are crap and you don’t see them anymore. I do understand they were capable of shooting at long distances very accurately before but now unless the aircraft is right on top of you don’t score hits and the damage yield is not enough to bring them down so now you have suicide pilots scoring big kill ratios crashing into mobs of players. This did not happen as much when you could shoot accurately at longer distances.
I love this game and no matter what I will continue to support it.

Crysis232
Old 2013-07-08, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Phantomdestiny View Post
not that one either , we all hate the crown.
Kinda have to, speaking for the empire as a whole. Because lattice, it's kinda stupid not to have it. But you can always leave it to the randoms/pubbies/zerg/whateveryacallem.
Old 2013-07-08, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
TripsJay
Private

I personally have been going since January, and the game has only started to minorly tire, although I still play a lot, It's just lost a little of the magic for me, however I still play the same amounts, maybe a little less, but get better scores and more certs. I hope spending these on diversifying my classes/vehicles will help a bit, and I recommend other players try this. I find it easier to play nowadays when not platoon leading or even squad leading sometimes, it being so much more casual and less stressfull.
Old 2013-07-08, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TripsJay View Post
I personally have been going since January, and the game has only started to minorly tire, although I still play a lot, It's just lost a little of the magic for me, however I still play the same amounts, maybe a little less, but get better scores and more certs. I hope spending these on diversifying my classes/vehicles will help a bit, and I recommend other players try this. I find it easier to play nowadays when not platoon leading or even squad leading sometimes, it being so much more casual and less stressfull.
If you're gonna be any good, at least. But I appreciate all the squad leading you did on our server!
(TR waterson, TR Waterson everywhere)
Old 2013-07-08, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
DaMann
Private

With a game like this, its pretty much a huge sandbox. I enjoy running around and gunning as much as the next guy. Othertimes I just hop in a flash or harasser and do some jumps.
Old 2013-07-08, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Kalee J
Sergeant

Originally Posted by VSderp View Post
i been playing since day 1 but can't lie i had times i been burned out and took week long breaks. but i always ended up coming back to this awesome game.
This is true for me as well. However, I think that is natural for most any MMO. I have not had this much fun in an MMO since I was actively raiding in an MMORPG that shall not be named.

Besides, Chicks dig guys that play Planetside 2. I read it on the internet so it must be true.
Old 2013-07-09, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

I love this game even though with my job I can only play For a few hours a week. I hope it succeeds. I want to be playing this game 5 years from now.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion