Clownside 2 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm winning in this Grief point thing!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-01, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Clownside 2

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
It actually seems to blend in with the background reasonably.
Wait - you have actually logged into the game havent you?

In game urban camo the NC and Vanu wear is probably the most noticeable surface there is at least inside 75 meters or so(at long distances they probably work as well as anything else because the shadows matter more.)
Old 2013-02-01, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Wait - you have actually logged into the game havent you?

In game urban camo the NC and Vanu wear is probably the most noticeable surface there is at least inside 75 meters or so(at long distances they probably work as well as anything else because the shadows matter more.)
Really depends on where they are. Most of the camos stand out and most players don't adapt camos for different terrain but use default "pretty stuff", because it's too much effort *and costly and mostly pointless* to change for the local terrain.
Old 2013-02-01, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Ghodere
Corporal

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Really depends on where they are. Most of the camos stand out and most players don't adapt camos for different terrain but use default "pretty stuff", because it's too much effort *and costly and mostly pointless* to change for the local terrain.
I'd hold that it's probably better for you, overall, to look as much like the next guy as possible. The ones with camo get singled out and taken more seriously. Same reason I don't use camo on my Prowler, although there's also the fact that it's a box.
Old 2013-02-01, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Is it too early for the mandatory... "Bring out the gimp" comment?
It's never too early to bring out the gimp!

@OP - agree, the stick on helmet spikes and skull masks no doubt have some teen appeal, but seem a bit ridiculous to me, and cheapen the game somewhat.

I wouldn't dream of spending SC on them. Some decent camo, perhaps, but no more - this isn't Mad Max 2.

But I suppose I would rather see SoE make their money selling junk like this than going down the P2W route.
Old 2013-02-01, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

I just cant understand why they don't give us customisation options that are more atheistically pleasing; the current options are just so lacking they deserve the "clown" tag.

Customisation option examples:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bRf29UxgXUs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8Mq-RcKgNHI

Old 2013-02-01, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

I don't mind the shitty looking camos that much. they just look bad but that's not a real problem if you ask me. What I don't like are the things that don't belong into the planetside universe at all like the skull masks or the planetside and beta decals. Seriously, why would I want to have a ps2 decal in ps2? Doesn't make any sense. Plus I don't see a reason why all 3 factions at war would use skull masks. Those are things that I hate because they break the feeling of a plausible universe.

.sent via phone.

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2013-02-01 at 08:18 AM.
Old 2013-02-01, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Hamma
PSU Admin

Someone get T-Ray in here - stat!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-01, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Rainbow? Please tell me that image in the loadout is doctored. Nothing cheers me up while waging war then a nice dosage of rainbow love.

New VS weapon in the works: Instead of rockets as ammo, HA will now have the option for a rainbow hued plasma ribbon to not only smite their foes with cheery goodness, but leave an after image to promote happy thoughts and improve morale for all nearby.

Next we'll see an avatar name of Rainbow_Brite or CheerBear.

Someone working on the dev team is a hippy in hiding or watched too much Care Bears.
Old 2013-02-01, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Bloodlet
Private

This is actually a thing people are complaining about? ...lol
Old 2013-02-01, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
I don't mind the shitty looking camos that much. they just look bad but that's not a real problem if you ask me. What I don't like are the things that don't belong into the planetside universe at all like the skull masks or the planetside and beta decals. Seriously, why would I want to have a ps2 decal in ps2? Doesn't make any sense. Plus I don't see a reason why all 3 factions at war would use skull masks. Those are things that I hate because they break the feeling of a plausible universe.

.sent via phone.
You can't take my skull away from me.

I find it funny though, people deride skull masks as silly, yet they have been used for CENTURIES in warfare.

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
@OP - agree, the stick on helmet spikes and skull masks no doubt have some teen appeal, but seem a bit ridiculous to me, and cheapen the game somewhat.
Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Theres a good thread on the offical forums about people wanting more badass genuine military style cosmetics, yet SOE doesnt want to cash in on it... They really dont like making money lol.
Where the hell did you people get your education?

Those attachments and styles have been used in warfare FOR CENTURIES. Not one single nation of any importance did not have them. EVEN with the advent of conscription.

"Cheapen the game" "Break immersion" "Are unrealistic"

WTF is wrong with you people. What bubble were you raised in? Its one thing to say "Well, its not for me" but this shit about "OMG no one ever used skulls on helms, this game is stupid" is fucking stupid.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2013-02-01 at 12:13 PM.
Old 2013-02-01, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
moosepoop
Captain

i think skull masks are kewl. giraffe camo, not so much.

some of the more extreme "camos" reminds me of 80s action figures.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-02-01 at 12:19 PM.
Old 2013-02-01, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
You can't take my skull away from me.

I find it funny though, people deride skull masks as silly, yet they have been used for CENTURIES in warfare.

Where the hell did you people get your education?

Those attachments and styles have been used in warfare FOR CENTURIES. Not one single nation of any importance did not have them. EVEN with the advent of conscription.

"Cheapen the game" "Break immersion" "Are unrealistic"

WTF is wrong with you people. What bubble were you raised in? Its one thing to say "Well, its not for me" but this shit about "OMG no one ever used skulls on helms, this game is stupid" is fucking stupid.

People did a lot of stuff for "centuries" - that they dont do now and havent for 150 or so years. I suppose when we kill an enemy we could have an animation where we rip out the heart and and wave it over our heads - but really it doesnt seem to fit.
Old 2013-02-01, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Ghodere View Post
I'd hold that it's probably better for you, overall, to look as much like the next guy as possible. The ones with camo get singled out and taken more seriously. Same reason I don't use camo on my Prowler, although there's also the fact that it's a box.
You take people with camo and skull masks more serious?

Interesting. I usualy prioritise based on position, proximity and viewing angle. I don't really consider the payment plan of an enemy player as a priority.

Last edited by Figment; 2013-02-01 at 01:20 PM.
Old 2013-02-01, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

tbh samouraïs have always used skull helmets in order to make their enemy fear them.
Old 2013-02-01, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
that they dont do now and havent for 150 or so years.
BS.

http://www.military.com/video/operat...1311249920001/

http://www.mtekweaponsystems.com/supply/

While its true, in modern days we do not try to convince the opposition that we are in fact Monsters or demons, the motif endures on.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2013-02-01 at 01:32 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion