Wishlist Meatagame - Raiding - Crafting - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You mean Hamma isn't a god?!?!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-06-03, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
hzymind
Private

Wishlist Meatagame - Raiding - Crafting

Ideas to keep Planeside interesting.

1. Terrain
A. Outdoor terrain
The best way to release new terrain/content would be to stick with the planets over the continents. Then release new planets as (being discovered by scientists, astrophysics while searching for Earth) new terrain.

B. Indoor Terrain
A. Since %70 of battles take place inside bases its imperative to have them unique. Preferably no 2 tech plants would be close to the same. But this is a business so, at least every planets tech bases should be completely different.
B. User created content?

2. Metagame
A galactic map, like what we already have, but the requirement of wormholes to reach destination planets. the # of wormholes is an equation of players online. Outfits can vote to open/ close wormholes. If a enemy opens a wormhole to one of your planets, you get a free one to the same planet. This should help control ghost hacks and low pop count.

Able to use outfit points to achieve effects on planets, longer respawn via fighter screen, 1 min of no respawn via orbital emp detonation, etc.. needs balancing.

3.Factories
Allow outfits to upgrade bases with outfit points (to factories) Or introduce a new base type factory to produce/manufacture parts. Parts that can be used to unlock new or enemy weapons, vehicles, implants. These strong manufacturing centers are also key targets for raids. As such outfits have an additional bind to them to protect in case of a raid. Also able to lay CE before heading off to fight elsewhere.

4.Raids
Raids are used by outfits to reach beyond the range limitations of wormholes and attack rear planets and target factories to steal parts or Laboratories to steam schematics . This is not instanced, but since there is a delay switching planets, except for the owning outfit who is bound there it will be almost outfit vs outfit.

• Are used by outfits
• Attack rear/home planets
• Can send only a limited mass of soldiers/vehicles through (upgradeable via parts)
• cannot transport respawning tech due to instability in technology (can upgrade with parts& schematics to get around?)
• cool down
• Outfit vs Outfit combat until reinforcements arrive.
• Raiders have a average of 10 min to get into base and hack out parts from a factory or schematics from a laboratory or techplant and retreat until reinforcements arrive
• When your outfit factory is being attacked, you get a recall order to defend it.
• NOT INSTANCED
• outfits can spend points to use a Metagame fighter screen to delay new planet reinforcements
• does not use a Metagame player count wormhole.
• Destroys all remaining items in factory? (if you blow a certain terminal in the factory?)

5. Parts
Stolen via raiding, perhaps can be extracted from empire specific vehicles with the right certs? Or drive a enemy hacked vehicle to a certain base type to reverse engineer it = parts
Are used to craft...
• New armor
• New weapons
• with enough parts and {fresh} schematics, Empire specifics.

To prevent hoarding powerful items. All newly crafted items immediately begin to (quantum unravel??) rendering them useless in x days. certain crafting certs will extend this.

6. Schematics
Are Raided from Tech plant/ Labs on home world, same as parts. but are the designs on how to build/upgrade special equipment.
• Are only good for x amount of time, Since they are digital copies the victims empire will change the code on them after xTime
• are required along with parts to build most items/vehicles

7. Crafting
Okay so you have these parts and schematics, now what? All I have are ideas but I favor the top one. I think it would be cool to see what everyone is crafting. Like a observation deck to see the vehicles being spawned and guns crafted.

• A neutral Space station in the galaxy where you craft what you can while defending the "galactic constructor" and loading what you made into ships and escaping.
• On the ground with specific certs
• A capturable space station
• A Non hostile communal space station for all 3 empires
• at a techplant.

8. Endgame
Let us kill another faction. Invade their home world, blow all their gens. Dead. Whenever 1 faction is eliminated the game resets. The faction with the most planets, or outfit points, or whatever of the 2 surviving empires get metals, and achievements , and parts and bragging rights. If 2 empires are grief camping the losing 3rd empire, along with a GM the top 20 outfits leaders can vote to surrender their faction thus triggering the end game event as well.

9. Hacking
I always though hacking would be cool to have a simple 2 player minigame that you had to play to hack the cc. Like a pipes game, and the defending player would be able to change x amount of tiles or rotate some to slow down the offensive hacker.

This is just a wish list / brain dump. Please don't take the quantities or amounts listed to be accurate nor balanced. If I stole someone's idea, I'm just getting it some air. Planeside is a great game and I cannot wait for Next to be released.

Hzymind VS
since Beta bitches
Old 2011-06-03, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Wishlist Meatagame - Raiding - Crafting

No crafting.

crafting will lead to whoring/farming/grinding, and nobody wants that in an FPS
Old 2011-06-04, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Crafting is kinda iffy. And same with the Raids. Though I like the worm holes and new planets ideas and it also basing off population
Old 2011-06-04, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
hzymind
Private

Originally Posted by Furret View Post
No crafting.

crafting will lead to whoring/farming/grinding, and nobody wants that in an FPS
whoring / farming / grinding

Whoring would be qsudo negated by the timer on crafted objects. And would encourage you to hurry up and craft your parts vs whore them. Interestingly a side effect would Likely be outfit members trading/ chipping in their soon to expire parts for the common good of the outfit. Running with this idea it would be cool to add a tracker to see who is donating the most to the outfit and who is leaching from the outfit.

Farming
Seems like the most obvious way to farm would be to repeatly use the outfit raid system. This does cost a fair amount of finite outfit points to use, and costs more to purchase the metagame bonus of a fighter screen to delay the reinforcements to make the raid more successable. The reason I added this was a way to use outfit points becides a decal.

Or farming of parts could acure by capping bases all day,which is the objective if the game… or people could try to cap undefended basses solution for the parts, to defend this, tie the material parts directly to the amount of defenders al la bep.

Grinding,
I could use a example how adding crafting would cause grinding. Since it is mainly just another reward for capping bases.

Any other ideas of what you would like crafting limited to? Or reasons you don't want it at all?
Old 2011-06-04, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sirisian
Colonel

One thing I wouldn't mind would be the ability to grab parts from destroyed vehicles. Say you destroy an enemy vehicle then you could run over and grab a part from the vehicle. When you go to the vehicle selection screen it would let you (for any certification you have) build an enemy vehicle. It might take say 10 parts and that's the maximum amount you can ever collect.

It would let people use enemy vehicles in a sane way.

Originally Posted by hzymind View Post
Or drive a enemy hacked vehicle to a certain base type to reverse engineer it
See this kind of action would just give you say 5 out of 10 parts or something. But instead of taking it to a base just use the deconstruct feature in the game and it would drop 5 parts.

As long as it's kept simple I'm okay with it. I don't think parts should be tradeable. They should just be things that people can go and collect if they want.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-06-04 at 06:00 PM.
Old 2011-06-05, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
hzymind
Private

Another metagame idea would have each planet produce a specific vehicle. Your sanc produces your main battle tank. Another home planet produces your maxs etc… Then you have the center of the galaxy where most fights occur, have additional specific vehicles only able to be manufactured there. Perhaps only non contested planets can ship vehicles out of orbit. 

I would love to see a galactic supply chain much like our base lattice.  Say  planet a produces a unique bomber variant, if planet a is uncontested you can spawn that variant on any planet linked to it. If planet a is contested you are not able to spawn the vehicle anywhere in the rest if the galaxy.(shipments offworld are blockcaded  by enemy ) You would have to pull it on the planet as long as your faction still controls the Factory and fly it to where u want it al la pulling a gal from sanc currently. 

Man ideas that come at two am…

Say we want to create a sense of self preservation for vehicles. Do you think it's viable to have vehicles get progressively stronger for getting consecutive kills? Either a minor armor buff, or a additional weapon unlock for that specific vehicle. Radar upgrade etc… Perhaps this is a good place to have the aforementioned crafting come in? Crafting does not let you make new vehicles, nor spawn more powerful vehicles, but it allows you to upgrade a vehicle slot  after say "20unique kills" with it. So after getting a open customization slot you craft a upgrade for your tank and install it. It lasts until that tank is destroyed.  Have achievements tied to a specific vehicle? How will this affect vehicle  gameplay? Make vehicle combat more realistic by making pilots/drivers want to keep their vehicle intact thus simulating self preservation? Could  be a bad thing by making pilots scared to lose their precious upgraded vehicle. Players are already timid when it comes to rushing a cc or spawn room…

Could players have a garage where they can keep a upgraded vehicle when they log?SOE can sell extra vehicle bays for storage. 

Salvage destroyed vehicles? Call a vote to spend outfit points to salvage a destroyed players upgraded reaver? Perhaps salvaged vehicles retain 30% of upgrades. Player controlled salvage? Repair vehicals for wrecks?

Types of vehicle  upgrades (nothing op)
Radar longer range/decreased radar signature
Extra ai machine gun/weak aa gun
Semi translucent when stationary,
Etc…

That's all for tonight, keep the conversation going!
Old 2011-06-06, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

No..

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-06-07, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Im kinda liking the parts dropped off or the way to increase self preservation. But it should be remembered PS is first and last a PvP FPS. Crafting in general serves little role. But gaining benifits from defeating and destroying your enemy can easily play into the game succesfully if done right. And you need to draw the line at some point to custom made baby seal leather boots and empire uniformed armour and weapons. There should be some variety and potential ways to improve your own stuff while sticking to your theme and not completly going off and just a big cut and past thing of stuff like a Fallout character's armor.

One simple idea which was neat from WoW (hold the flames) back in the day when the battleground AV wasnt piece of shit, was collecting spoils in battle for basic upgrades and support. This can be implemented in the following way.

Similar to your idea of collecting destroyed vehicale parts, they could benifit in a different way. After studying the debrie of the enemy vehicale, you learn the its weak points and ways to improve your own. Debrie can be collected by anyone and must be returned to a base (may or may not be specific bases like tech plant) After that base has enough pieces collected from its factions players say 100 parts, it goes into a 20 minute process of anaylizing the parts and then provides your factions vehicles or weapons (which ever is decided for balance reasons) a 2% or 5% bonus for damage and resistent to that faction or specific vehicle that was anylazed.

In short, we need things that rely on capturing and defeating the enemy. Provide bonuses that do not break the game or are entirely op. Arent neccesary for your faction to win or cap the continent (can win without bonuses and not arguebly difficult to do so) Are not a priority in game but rather provides small tactical bonuses and content for the game. Isn't a grind. Gives a sense of progression. And lasts for the continent from start to faction win lock.
Old 2011-06-07, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
No..
summed it up nicely I think

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2011-06-07, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Logit
Second Lieutenant

THIS IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

Delete this thread
Old 2011-06-07, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Crafting means traded commodities, which means farmers, which means hordes of Chinese prisoners being forced to farm (link), which means a bunch of asshole Chinese gold-sellers.

Crafting means hordes of zerglings running around going "ZOMG GUYZ HAZ NE1 SEEN THE YELLOW POPPIES?/! I NEEDZ IT FOR PLASMA GRENADE RECIPE!"

In short... no thanks.

Last edited by Firefly; 2011-06-07 at 10:45 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion