Will This Run on Integrated Graphics? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Like that cute puppy that keeps returning to your porch.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-27, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

Re: Will This Run on Integrated Graphics?

So yea, will my rig run PS2?

Old 2012-07-27, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

here you go OP I just made this video for you.. BF3 on low settings I unplugged my 6950 gpu and just used hdmi using only the onboard graphics from my I5 2500K cpu.

Also recorded using fraps.

i would not recommend it.. but it will likely be possible as I said.. PS2 will not be as demanding as BF3 was.

Old 2012-07-27, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
maddoggg
Sergeant

Even if it runs it would run very,very bad.
Tell you what,if you do get invited into beta be sure to PM me your account so atleast you wont feel bad that no one is playing on it

PS:To top sgt video:It still looks better than COD

Last edited by maddoggg; 2012-07-27 at 05:02 PM.
Old 2012-07-27, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Top Sgt View Post
here you go OP I just made this video for you.. BF3 on low settings I unplugged my 6950 gpu and just used hdmi using only the onboard graphics from my I5 2500K cpu.

i would not recommend it.. but it will likely be possible as I said.. PS2 will not be as demanding as BF3 was.

BF3 Low settings using only Intel integrated graphics - YouTube
Yes if you can run BF3... You should be able to run PS2.
Old 2012-07-27, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Of ourse! But only on your Pentium II from 1996!
Old 2012-07-27, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

The ever-useful graphics card hierarchy chart http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-7.html tells all. Though the HD 2500 is not listed, it is almost on par with (a tiny bit better than, actually) the HD 3000 chipset. This is almost 3 Tiers below the 8800 GT, which was previously stated as a card that "would not be fun" to play on. However, at 1280x720 or 1024x1024 and on Low, it is likely going to be playable. The strong CPU performance from the i5 3450 is going to help, as the CPU will not be bottlenecked.

For additional reference, Crysis Warhead on low settings at 1366x768 achieved almost 40 fps on the HD 2500, although in BF3 it only achieved 20 FPS at the same resolution. So if 20 fps on low at a low resolution is playable for you, then I'd say go for it, but as a reference, an el-cheapo 7750 would give VASTLY better performance. Food for thought. Benchmarks for HD 2500: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5871/i...phics-tested/3
Old 2012-07-27, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by Patflute View Post
Before you troll me read below please.

I have an i5-3450 and 8gb of ram, but I won't be getting the graphics until around September. I would really want to play Planetside 2 before then. I have a BETA key and if I don't get into closed BETA, I would want to play in open.

So do you think it will okay on Intel HD 2500? My monitor at the moment is 1154x864/1280x1024. I'm expecting low settings.

I would like to point out that I can run TF2 on high with no AA at 35-90 fps.

Oh and hi
I'm going to say, you can probably do it. Have faith.
Old 2012-07-27, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Envenom
Sergeant Major

It's been said that the engine will push modern day beast machines to their limit; future proof is the word.

If that's true integrated cards aren't looking so hot...
Old 2012-07-27, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Patflute
Private

Looks like half of you didn't read the whole post. If you didn't stfu. I said I'm getting a graphics card soon...

assholes.

Originally Posted by Top Sgt View Post

BF3 Low settings using only Intel integrated graphics - YouTube
Thank you, someone who isn't an asshole.

I guess if the file size isn't over 10gb I'll try it.

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
Of ourse! But only on your Pentium II from 1996!
Why are you so stupid? I just fucking said that I have a i5-3450, which is probably faster or the same speed as your processor in games.
Old 2012-07-27, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Patflute View Post
Looks like half of you didn't read the whole post. If you didn't stfu. I said I'm getting a graphics card soon...

assholes.

Thank you, someone who isn't an asshole.

I guess if the file size isn't over 10gb I'll try it.

Why are you so stupid? I just fucking said that I have a i5-3450, which is probably faster or the same speed as your processor in games.
Feel bad for you Patflute. Dunno why but there's been a recent inflow of assholes and I dont like it. Not one bit.

But I've never used integrated graphics. My ( oh so professional ) estimate is low, maybe some settings a little higher than low. But again, I can't say for sure.

What kind of new card are you getting? I just recently got a 550Ti. Looks really nice and preforms well.
Old 2012-07-27, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Arcsilver
Private

How well would PS2 run on 1366 x 768 with a gt 640m, and a i7-3610QM?
Old 2012-07-27, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

I gotta say sorry for the behavior of some of the people on this forum patflute. You came in here asking a question and got gang raped by a bunch of leet assholes. Don't let that keep you out of the forum. Most people on PSU are very cool. Don't let a few bad apples ruin your PSU experience.

Also,when you do get a better graphics card,go NC.
Old 2012-07-27, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Carnage
Sergeant

OP, I found a thread of ppl having issues with your CPU graphics on WoW Here, I think it is highly doubtful you will be able to play planetside 2 on integrated graphics, soz...
Old 2012-07-27, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Patflute
Private

Originally Posted by AvacadoEight View Post
Feel bad for you Patflute. Dunno why but there's been a recent inflow of assholes and I dont like it. Not one bit.

But I've never used integrated graphics. My ( oh so professional ) estimate is low, maybe some settings a little higher than low. But again, I can't say for sure.

What kind of new card are you getting? I just recently got a 550Ti. Looks really nice and preforms well.
I'm waiting for the Geforce GTX660. I might get a previous gen depending on the price. Maybe a 560ti or 6950. Pretty a card under $200.

Originally Posted by FINALCUT View Post
I gotta say sorry for the behavior of some of the people on this forum patflute. You came in here asking a question and got gang raped by a bunch of leet assholes. Don't let that keep you out of the forum. Most people on PSU are very cool. Don't let a few bad apples ruin your PSU experience.

Also,when you do get a better graphics card,go NC.
I am NC!

Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
OP, I found a thread of ppl having issues with your CPU graphics on WoW Here, I think it is highly doubtful you will be able to play planetside 2 on integrated graphics, soz...
That's probably a WoW only problem. I don't have any problems with the games I've tried expect Rome: Total War.
Old 2012-07-27, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
soulsurfsublime
Corporal

Originally Posted by WSNeo View Post
If you try playing Planetside 2 on Integrated Graphics

You're going to have a bad time.

lmao, post of the week!

From what I have heard the dev's talk about and what not using core duo's I would say you may be able to run it on low settings. I think even really good machines will struggle if a lot of people get in one little area. Intergrated's biggest concern I have found in the past usually deals with pixel shader versions.

Last edited by soulsurfsublime; 2012-07-27 at 10:19 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion