[PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter Google+ YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Remove head from sphincter, than post!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Facebook Connect
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2014-04-21, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


You should spend less time looking at my K/D and more time reading my posts. I never said that Biolabs can't be taken. I said that the way to take a Biolab is one-dimensional, and it's true. As an attacker, you have one way to take a Biolab, and that's to flood the landing pad and teleporter rooms and try to breakthrough the camping defenders. The resulting meat grinder is fun the first dozen times, not so much afterwards.
__________________


BlaxicanX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
bites
Corporal
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


Originally Posted by Cruciall View Post
not gonna judge ,but by looking at your kd, and knowing you think a bio lab is a war of attrition makes me think you should look for a some new outfits to joinThe outfits i played with really didnt have any problems taking labs.
all the other bases were a waste of time and money.Bio labs are the only bases they got right,
It is a war of attrition and using his K/D as a point of arguement further cements your "Strawman" arguement style.

I'm an NC Max centric player .. and I avoid biolab fights as they are stale .. and rather boring. Thats coming from a class that should normally dominate .. and love these fights for stat padding .. but honestly its just boring pouring bullets down an alleyway waiting for other idiots to walk into a line of fire. The Biolabs are FAR from the epitome of awesome, but they have their place in the game, and while I'll happily fight in/for one, I'd also happily avoid it.
__________________
bites is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant
 
Dougnifico's Avatar
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


Really, so people with low K/D automatically have invalid arguments on that topic? That's one way to make a community hostile. What about medics and max engineers? They probably die a lot more than they kill in those fights, and yet without them the whole defense falls apart. Its not even a battle of attrition, there are no tickets or limited lives. Bio-labs are fights where the winner is that one with superior numbers, more maxes, and more bullets (lazers?) in the air. Its simply a human wave. Attrition implies that the enemy can be worn down by significant losses.

Whether or not an argument is valid, don't tell someone their argument is invalid because of their stats. Lets not get the COD mentality going.
__________________
Azzzz sucks!
Dougnifico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Cruciall
Private
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
Really, so people with low K/D automatically have invalid arguments on that topic? That's one way to make a community hostile. What about medics and max engineers? They probably die a lot more than they kill in those fights, and yet without them the whole defense falls apart. Its not even a battle of attrition, there are no tickets or limited lives. Bio-labs are fights where the winner is that one with superior numbers, more maxes, and more bullets (lazers?) in the air. Its simply a human wave. Attrition implies that the enemy can be worn down by significant losses.

Whether or not an argument is valid, don't tell someone their argument is invalid because of their stats. Lets not get the COD mentality going.
I never said that, but most good outfits have standards .... they dont want people on the team who will bring down their stats.run with some top tier outfits and see how they approach bio labs, NUC,MERCS, FCRW,ZAPS TIW RECURSION . They are not on coms screaming zerg zerg zerg lmao.I have played with and against all of these outfits in bio labs, there is method to the madness but sadly if you dont understand then its like explaining calculus to a baby.
Cruciall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Cruciall
Private
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
Really, so people with low K/D automatically have invalid arguments on that topic? That's one way to make a community hostile. What about medics and max engineers? They probably die a lot more than they kill in those fights, and yet without them the whole defense falls apart. Its not even a battle of attrition, there are no tickets or limited lives. Bio-labs are fights where the winner is that one with superior numbers, more maxes, and more bullets (lazers?) in the air. Its simply a human wave. Attrition implies that the enemy can be worn down by significant losses.

Whether or not an argument is valid, don't tell someone their argument is invalid because of their stats. Lets not get the COD mentality going.
you have never take a bio lab with less numbers than the defenders???????what server are you playing on?helll ive been to 48+ nc vs 48+ VS and came in with 48 tr and have taken it from both the vs and nc. we use to goto biolabs and hold the gen room for hours even if we didnt have a link to it.just to pissss on the vs and nc.like i said run with a good outfit and it will open your eyes.
we dont drop on a base unless we are outnumbered,cant see playing this game any other way.


i see your from connery, lots of good outfits over there, you should join one of them on op night and see how they do it.

Last edited by Cruciall; 2014-04-21 at 09:06 PM.
Cruciall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant
 
Dougnifico's Avatar
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


I never said that you have to have population, just superior firepower. Medics and engineers act as force multipliers by keeping people in action. Attrition means is about killing your opponent to the point where it drains them. Bio-labs are about keeping as many people in the fight as often as possible to maintain superior firepower. Basically, its two walls of bullets trying to push each other back. Basically kind of like this.



Some outfits have very high standards, and good for them. I just don't want this to be a community that tears people down for not having good stats. That's toxic. Community is the only thing keeping some people in this game. If the community goes sour, then kiss planetside goodbye.
__________________
Azzzz sucks!
Dougnifico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Cruciall
Private
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
I never said that you have to have population, just superior firepower. Medics and engineers act as force multipliers by keeping people in action. Attrition means is about killing your opponent to the point where it drains them. Bio-labs are about keeping as many people in the fight as often as possible to maintain superior firepower. Basically, its two walls of bullets trying to push each other back. Basically kind of like this.



Some outfits have very high standards, and good for them. I just don't want this to be a community that tears people down for not having good stats. That's toxic. Community is the only thing keeping some people in this game. If the community goes sour, then kiss planetside goodbye.
you insist it has to be a war of attrition , the trick about bio labs is you have to get it done fast. the longer it takes the more it increases the advantage your giving the enemy .this goes for most bases in ps2.

I agree, and i was not judging him based on his stats,but i was calling him out about playing with good outfits.most top tier outfits require coms ,working headset, 18+ br 80+ 2.0 kd atleast, dose not matter if your support or not.
Im sure blax is a great new player and hes learning fast, when i started i was running a 0.5 0.6 kd, but it comes in time.I average 2.5 to 3.5 kd these days, infantry only.

i wasnt trying to tear anyone down, me stating that bio labs are the only bases they got right is just my opinion. I assume some people enjoy the armor and air spam tactics that happen at every other base. ya know, get tones of armor and air to shoot the point and the spawn room. 90% of the bases in the game are like this sad to say.well maybe less now, they have done alot of work to prevent the spam.they should just put a dome over every base . they had it on test ,and the armor and air guys started to rage..... they were worried that the domes would prevent them from getting any kills ever again lmao

Last edited by Cruciall; 2014-04-21 at 10:01 PM.
Cruciall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant
 
Dougnifico's Avatar
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


No. I'm saying they are NOT battle of attrition! lol.

They reason a fast attack works is because you hit them so damn hard, so damn fast, that they can't react and you put them in a position they can recover from while you have all the momentum. Maybe that's a better term to use. Its all about getting the momentum of battle on your side. The picture still works. Its just that you are engaging so rapidly that they start on their back foot.

As soon as momentum is broken, its all about keeping power on the line. You can try to make a push to regain momentum (most commonly as MAX crash or a LA blitz). Its not attrition because the number of dead doesn't matter. No one is going to wear down because of losses.

I think we are in agreement but are having communication issues.
__________________
Azzzz sucks!

Last edited by Dougnifico; 2014-04-21 at 10:40 PM.
Dougnifico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 12:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


Attacking my stats and repeating over and over again that I need to "play with better outfits" is a poor argument. Like I said, I've played with all the top outfits on Connery, hell I've played with all the shit ones too. I've probably run with more outfits than you have, and condescendingly calling me a "new player" and acting like I don't understand how the game works is idiotic, considering I have over 350 hours of gameplay under my belt (Vanu account is not linked).

So, instead of dodging my points and attacking me personally, perhaps you should address my actual argument. Because I'm nice, I'll even re-iterate it for you:

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
I never said that Biolabs can't be taken. I said that the way to take a Biolab is one-dimensional, and it's true. As an attacker, you have one way to take a Biolab, and that's to flood the landing pad and teleporter rooms and try to breakthrough the camping defenders. The resulting meat grinder is fun the first dozen times, not so much afterwards.

@Doug: It is a battle of attrition. You're absolutely right in that there is no literal limitation of manpower, but while bullets and respawning bodies are infinite, willpower is not. In PS2, battles end when the attackers either take the base or pull out and go for a softer target somewhere else. Thus, it's not attrition of resources so much as its an attrition of will. Despite everyone having infinite lives, players can only "respawn, jump into the breach, die, respawn, jump into the breach, die, respawn" so many times before they collectively say fuck it and go somewhere else.
__________________



Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2014-04-22 at 01:02 AM.
BlaxicanX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 03:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Azzzz
Corporal
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


....

Last edited by Azzzz; 2014-04-22 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Disregard >.>
Azzzz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 05:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
PredatorFour
Major
 
PredatorFour's Avatar
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


You really can't use K/D as an argument. In a game where heals stop deaths happening and the "hero" medics often don't get rezzed when they stick their necks out to save others (could say the same for engys)

The other end of the spectrum is that people with high K/D's are often cowards who use lame playstyles to save their K/D, even though they are good players.
Example, on Miller server i shot a particular high ranking leaderboard NC reaver down only for him to bail out as a light assault and hit redeploy. To me that is lame being that afraid to die in a game to protect a stat. You go down with the ship.
__________________




Last edited by PredatorFour; 2014-04-22 at 05:21 AM.
PredatorFour is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
SardinkaCZ
Private
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


The Crown(especially for def),Howling Pass Checkpoint(for def),Indar Excavation Site.
SardinkaCZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Cruciall
Private
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
Attacking my stats and repeating over and over again that I need to "play with better outfits" is a poor argument. Like I said, I've played with all the top outfits on Connery, hell I've played with all the shit ones too. I've probably run with more outfits than you have, and condescendingly calling me a "new player" and acting like I don't understand how the game works is idiotic, considering I have over 350 hours of gameplay under my belt (Vanu account is not linked).

So, instead of dodging my points and attacking me personally, perhaps you should address my actual argument. Because I'm nice, I'll even re-iterate it for you:




@Doug: It is a battle of attrition. You're absolutely right in that there is no literal limitation of manpower, but while bullets and respawning bodies are infinite, willpower is not. In PS2, battles end when the attackers either take the base or pull out and go for a softer target somewhere else. Thus, it's not attrition of resources so much as its an attrition of will. Despite everyone having infinite lives, players can only "respawn, jump into the breach, die, respawn, jump into the breach, die, respawn" so many times before they collectively say fuck it and go somewhere else.
I agree 100% all good outfits zerg the breach in bio labs, it takes 0 skill and only requires will and numbers.

I only have close to 2000 hrs played in ps2,and I come from a competitive fps background so you will have to mind my stupid COD inspired manners.Just a fyi,competitive outfits dont use planetside 2 official stats.they are garbage..
they use competitive stat tracking sites.where its very easy to see what kind of player you are. KD is true, a death is a death no matter what, accuracy on weapons,accuracy on head shots, points per min, points per hour, so on so forth. they break everything down. so if your stat padding , its easy to see that your just a poser or legit.

Ok who was the one that revamped amerish ? was that Cleg? The bases on amerish were done over right. But like many others they are hit or miss.I have had great fights at every single base in this game , but they are rare. How many times have you spawned into a outpost or base that you like and the first thing you see is a armor parking lot,all facing the spawn room.A swarm of aircraft hovering like pros spamming everything,and you say to your self well this is a shittt fight. Like i said they are hit or miss.

Bio labs were done right.I love any base in this game where a good fight can be had, but when the scrubs are about spamming buildings and spawn rooms I say F it and leave and find another fight. Sad thing is, I spend more time looking than playing

checked a few stats, I have over 2750 hrs played to date.So i guess 350 hrs played would just make you a new player compared to someone like me... fyi the time above dose not reflect on time spent in beta, or on the PTS.

Last edited by Cruciall; 2014-04-22 at 02:58 PM.
Cruciall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Cruciall
Private
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
No. I'm saying they are NOT battle of attrition! lol.

They reason a fast attack works is because you hit them so damn hard, so damn fast, that they can't react and you put them in a position they can recover from while you have all the momentum. Maybe that's a better term to use. Its all about getting the momentum of battle on your side. The picture still works. Its just that you are engaging so rapidly that they start on their back foot.

As soon as momentum is broken, its all about keeping power on the line. You can try to make a push to regain momentum (most commonly as MAX crash or a LA blitz). Its not attrition because the number of dead doesn't matter. No one is going to wear down because of losses.

I think we are in agreement but are having communication issues.
Gonna give you a quick run down on how to take biolab.

First and foremost, you need to capture 2 outpost....2 ,has to be 2, if this means you need to fight down another lane before you can make your move into the bio lab then you have to do it."most cases it dose" they also have to be on different sides of the biolab,"its not always a outpost that you can capture due to links".In this case you will use that base as a staging point, weather you own it or not.....This forces the enemy to split its defenders.

Next ,from your week side"the outpost or base from which plan to you push your diversion in from" you telegraph a max crash, or very large zerg push ,and cause the enemy to over shift." very common mistake".The idea of this push is to make lots of noise and draw lots of fire, you want all these attackers to die.because when they do die they are dropping in on a beacon back on strong side to make a 2 sided push from the air pad and the teleporter room.

Next,the 2 sided push from your strong side should push in from the weakest location" if everyone is looking at the spawn room then they push from the pad, if they are watching the pad then the first push comes form the teleporter.As soon as they draw fire, the second push follows to flank" from the teleporter or the pad".

Once inside the only room you should be concerned with is the gen room.Gen room is a cake walk to hold, so when the gen blows you move for the small building in front of the gen room so you can get eyes on the spawn gen. Never ever leaving the main gen room undefended. This is now your staging point, loss of the main gen room is a lost bio lab.

Next, once your setup in the main gen room, and in the small room in front of that,then its time for another push, nade spike the spawn gen room from the small building, easy kills for days, 4 av nades in there and everyone is dead.

After that it turns into a simple spawn camp.... you can do this all day everyday.It should take you no longer then 5 mins to take a biolab, but it has to executed fast. Not many outfits or factions can pull it off.Its just one of many ways it can be done.

Its a easy win if you have a good outfit thats knows what needs to be done.

But then again, you could always just zerg into the breach, and make it into a war of attrition,and hope for the best. But I like good fair fights, so I choose tactics

I understand where your coming from and others, its a shitty way to fight in a bio lab, just going non stop until one faction has enough pop to steamroll its way to a win.

lol I now love every outpost that is underground on armerish, such good fights. props to cleg

Last edited by Cruciall; 2014-04-22 at 03:05 PM.
Cruciall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant
 
Dougnifico's Avatar
 
Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?


Your strategy is sound. The problem is if you get shut down at any point and lose that momentum, you are back to square one.
__________________
Azzzz sucks!
Dougnifico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.