PSU: some assembly required
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions

Old 2012-01-29, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
jef
Private

hello from massively

What's up guys, Jef from Massively here. I've been lurking on PSU for a year now and finally got around to registering the other day.

I can't lay claim to being a PS veteran since I only played it for a couple of months back in '03 (blame Star Wars Galaxies, I guess). I am looking forward to PS2 moreso than any other MMO, though, and I'll be devoting Massively's shooter column to it after the game finally launches.

Anyhow, just wanted to say hi. Also looking for a clan if anyone's interested. Finally, I'll be at GDC in San Fran March 5-9, so PM me if you want answers to anything specific.
Old 2012-01-29, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
acosmo
Sergeant Major

Re: hello from massively

welcome
Old 2012-01-29, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
THrONeBeaST
Sexy Beast

Welcome

Dragonwolves - Recruting Officer

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Old 2012-01-29, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

Awesome welcome to PSU!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-01-29, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Marsman
Major

Thanks for registering and posting! Welcome!!
Old 2012-01-29, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Welcome

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2012-01-30, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ShockNC
Sergeant

Originally Posted by jef View Post
I can't lay claim to being a PS veteran since I only played it for a couple of months back in '03 (blame Star Wars Galaxies, I guess). I am looking forward to PS2 moreso than any other MMO, though, and I'll be devoting Massively's shooter column to it after the game finally launches.
welcome. it's always good to see a bit of the video gaming press taking an interest.

however, before beta starts, you might want to rescrub for PS1 for just a month or three. this helps you understand the state of the game and more importantly, the mindset of the playerbase and the issue currently in game.
Old 2012-02-01, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
jef
Private

Originally Posted by ShockNC View Post
welcome. it's always good to see a bit of the video gaming press taking an interest.

however, before beta starts, you might want to rescrub for PS1 for just a month or three. this helps you understand the state of the game and more importantly, the mindset of the playerbase and the issue currently in game.
Yeah, I logged in last night and did a bit of instant action. Man it's been a while, haha. Also, thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Old 2012-02-01, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Greetings jef,

If you are looking for an outfit, there are a number of great options for you. Check our recruiting forums and browse there. You can narrow it down a bit by selecting the faction to which you will devote most or all of your efforts. I can only speak to the Terran Republic as that is where the Dragon Wolves have placed their efforts. Also in the TR, you will find the Black Widow Company, another quality outfit.

But be sure to peruse the offerings there! Good hunting!

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2012-02-01, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
jef
Private

Will do, tyvm.
Old 2012-02-03, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
ShockNC
Sergeant

and instead of joining one outfit, you might want to join one outfit on each empire. i know that Azure Twilight is a Max Heavy VS outfit and Blue Lions is good if you want to go NC.
Old 2012-02-03, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
cellinaire
Captain

Welcome to PSU, ^^!

Been reading articles on massively.com for over 6 years, I think. Keep up the good work!
Old 2012-02-03, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Originally Posted by ShockNC View Post
and instead of joining one outfit, you might want to join one outfit on each empire. i know that Azure Twilight is a Max Heavy VS outfit and Blue Lions is good if you want to go NC.
The CDL (Dragon Wolves) doesn't allow this, so you might first want to check the policies of the individual Outfits.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2012-02-03, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
jef
Private

I don't think joining multiple outfits would be the way to go for me personally even if it were permitted. If PS2 is anywhere near as deep and involving as it sounds, it's going to be the kind of thing that is best experienced with a consistent group imo.

I tried multiple clans/characters when I was playing Darkfall a while back and it just didn't work out. There wasn't enough time in the day.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions