Squad formation Psychology (problem) [?] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We know what u did last RPG!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-18, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Velkkonen
Private

Squad formation Psychology (problem) [?]

This is something I have noticed, maybe you'all haven't, and maybe you don't see it as one but I have been thinking about it.

I am not in an outfit but I do play with a particular outfit quite often, and I really enjoy it, but i'm not crazy about joining outfits. At the same time I understand the teamplay element of this game and what it does for the enjoyableness of it. What I don't understand is why you need to, 'invite to form squad', rather than simply create a 1 person squad which has your squad name as your objective, which would then attract other people who might want to get on board with that idea and roll with you for a little while to join.

IMO, it is very difficult for you to /invite someone who doesn't know you, and I would even go as far as to say psychologically isin't about to bend the knee to some stranger that just /invited them to join up with what his unknown objectives. I don't always want to do what the outfits are doing, and unfortunately my only alternative is to play solo, becuase no one ive asked wants to join my squad and, I duno, galaxy drop or take some outlieing bases, whatever.

I really think 1person squad formation would help a bit for people like me who would like to do a few objectives with like minded people who aren't always playing with an outfit or don't always want to play with an outfit. IMO it seems silly not to have this option. Not a perfect solution but 'invite to form squad' seems to be a big problem. Im in a hurry so this isin't as well articulated as ide like it to be. Thoughts?

Last edited by Velkkonen; 2013-01-18 at 02:04 PM.
Old 2013-01-18, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Squad formation Psychology (problem) [?]

There's pros and cons to allowing squads of 1 to list. Unless they change it, get some friends.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-01-18, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
robocpf1
First Sergeant

I think they should allow players to list their squads if there are no players in them, but not actually form the squad until at least two people are in it.

So I could log in and list my squad, but it wouldn't actually form the squad until one other person joined.
Old 2013-01-18, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Another thing on the list that PS1 did better. Very long list it seems.

Old 2013-01-18, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

This is something that annoyed me in beta. In the early beta you could indeed invite yourself to a group to get one started, then open it up for anyone in the public to join. Seems like a perfectly reasonable community building tool, right? Well, several times I reported the bug that caused your group to disband when you were the only member a random person join and then left. What was their solution? Evidently it was to remove the ability to invite yourself to a group.

Why fix a bug when you can just remove a feature and call it a day....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion