Original AGN Radio Dramas - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: everything the official forums aren't.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Auraxis Global Network [AGN]

Old 2011-11-28, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Original AGN Radio Dramas

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...ramas-2628.htm
Old 2011-11-28, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Original AGN Radio Dramas

LOVE IT!!!

Edit* Marsman cant say Auraxis correctly heheheheh!

But this surely shows how much work and how much time has been put into AGN and PSU.

Well done folks. Its inspiring to see what can be done with the love of a game and its community.

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2011-11-28 at 12:08 PM.
Old 2011-11-28, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thanks!

Yea I noticed that as well on Auraxis

He says it right now

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-11-28, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

I have never heard this before, and I am amazed by the enthusiasm that must have went into this and evidently still goes strong to this very day. Thank you guys
Old 2011-11-28, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

This whole series was a blast to work on.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2011-11-28, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Marsman
Major

Hehe, yeah - we'd only heard or seen the name once or twice in those early days - not sure if we thought it was auracis or just mis-pronounced but we got it right in all the future broadcasts.

A note of amusement, in "A World at War" we had made up the world corporation "AuraCorp" that was to have weapons contacts with the factions. Now in Planetside 2, the devs are going to have "Nanite Systems" take on that role. In fact, we've seen the NS logo on a few of the weapons. Just rather amusing to me that concept came over into Planetside 2

It was a lot of fun to make these - thanks to everyone who contributed. Enjoy
Old 2011-11-30, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Way back in the beginning when I became a member of the CDL, I offered to take these broadcasts and turn them into a cinematic experience, similar to a motion comic. Of course, since MMOs are largely unsuitable for this, the plan was to use another engine to perform the work. This project was never implemented due to a lack of interest but, with the ongoing development of PlanetSide 2, I'd like to know what the community and the developers would think about this idea...

My current plan would for it to be built in CryEngine 3 (Crysis 2 Sandbox), through the use of a Non-Disclosure Agreeement in co-operation with SOE to recruit a team of artists, and use unreleased concept art from the sequel to create the 3D assets so it ties in with PS2's more compatible backstory.

I'd really love to do this project and, if it were successful, it's possible some creativity could later appear in the MMO as future expansions to the gameplay experience. SOE Devs (preferably Higby or T-Ray) can reach me through PSU's private messaging, where I will provide a proper contact method to begin negotiations.

Old 2011-12-04, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Ouch, I felt the rolling eyes from here

However, I'm happy to divert my offer: how about taking the story material you've released already for PS2 and, using artwork gleamed from photos and in-engine graphics from the November podcast, we put a team together and make them into a motion comic?

Of course because it's SOE's baby, we will still need an NDA though not necessarily access to unreleased concept art, as well as some 360-models of the vehicles already shown to properly recreate them to spec (and to use them to create ideas for the fleet that travel thorugh the wormhole)...

Then if SOE wanted to release HD versions of them in a PlanetSide 2 Collector's Edition sometime later, those who worked on the fan project would be credited in name. So PS2 Devs, whaddya say?!

P.S.: It would be difficult, but not impossible, if you would prefer the comic was made in Unity3D. I don't know as much about that engine as CE3, but it does have the advantage of a much cheaper, powerful support system for indie developers.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2011-12-04 at 09:33 AM.
Old 2011-12-06, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Hate to tell you this man but this probably isn't the place, or rather the method, to present this offer to them.
Old 2011-12-06, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

There's no other way to reach MMO developers than through fan community-hubs, that's just the way it is. Besides, I have worked with a entertainment studio before on a mod for an anime franchise, so the role I would perform is no different from what that team wanted.

Old 2011-12-06, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

I was just thinking that private messages or twitter might be better if you're looking for a response.
Old 2011-12-07, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Unfortunately I don't tweet I think Hamma also disables the PM for Devs so they don't get their inbox flooded with messages.

However, Higby has recently accepted my Friend Request on Facebook (I'm the avatar with the Denim Jacket on). Should he have some free time later this month to have a prliminary informal chat, before the studio wants to have a longer video conversation through Skype or Kinect, I'm more than happy to do that. Bear in mind I'm in the UK though, so we will have to find suitable timing for it.

I'm also happy to hear on this thread from Unity3D/CryEngine 3 artists, level designers and programmers who might haunt these forums and either enjoy PlanetSide, or took part in Planetside-Idealab.com. If none are here, I know a few people and a proper recruitment will occur on IndieDB.com since these "flashbacks" will proably be videos rather than interactive, playable experiences.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2011-12-07 at 07:25 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Auraxis Global Network [AGN]