EVE Online - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What's the price to pay for glory?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > EVE Online Discussion

Old 2011-08-24, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Krowe
Sergeant

Re: EVE Online

2 bil ISK?

Wow, I'm jelly.
Old 2011-08-24, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I gave more than that to a noob who ran away from my Nightmare.

Old 2011-08-24, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
xmodum
Colonel

Yea I know not much in the long run, but it's helped me a lot t start back up, get a few BS's with good set-ups for missions and stuff. Just sittin in that noob corp till something bigger comes along.
Old 2011-08-27, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

A common misconception is that you need a lot of investment capital and ships in order to go out to nullsec.

This is nonsense.

The best time to go out and start learning to live in null is on day 1. Find a corp who will take you in and show you the ropes, and then you will learn to become a trained killer in the harshest area of the game. I've lived in null 90 percent of my gametime and I laugh at goings-on in Empire space.

also, if you're a member of Reddit or Something Awful forums, they have alliances there (Test Alliance Please Ignore and GoonSwarm, respectively). Both are powerhouses that currently live in nullsec and hold a good amount of space together.

Last edited by p0intman; 2011-08-27 at 08:57 AM.
Old 2011-08-27, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I'd recommend finding a W-Space corp as soon as you can. They won't usually take anyone fresh out of the box since they tend to have specific needs, but they can be the pinnacle of the average EVEr's career.

Old 2011-08-27, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
I'd recommend finding a W-Space corp as soon as you can. They won't usually take anyone fresh out of the box since they tend to have specific needs, but they can be the pinnacle of the average EVEr's career.
wormhole life consists of sitting in safespots or at starbases cloaked, sometimes for days if you don't have the crew required to run sits or if theres nothing to do. it can be boring and exciting at the same time
Old 2011-08-27, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

That depends entirely upon you and the corp you are in. I never had a dull moment in W-Space.

Old 2011-08-28, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

That depends entirely upon you and the corp you are in. I never had a dull moment in W-Space.
Likewises never had a dull moment in nullsec. Depends on where you find yourself, what you enjoy doing, and who you roll around with, honestly.
Old 2011-08-28, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

With the exception of the time we opened a neighbor hole into AHARM's home, there isn't much going on in ours. Ton of people but never any action. :/
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-09-01, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

I'll be honest: I fly a Titan. It isnt all its cracked up to be, and the income required to sustain such a pilot and ship is pretty massive. I have to have at least one pos to park it in and another titan pilot to hold it for when I need to get out and fly other stuff in addition to cyno alts. This is a minimum of two billion isk a month required and it only goes up from there. Having to freighter fuel to my own staging point, and product back to trade hubs...

I'm kinda miffed at people screaming to nerf supercaps when they don't fully understand the logistics that need to go into it to sustain just one of them, nevermind a whole lot of them.

Edit: feel free to speculate as to which alliance I'm apart of. Truth is, I probably wouldn't tell anyone even if you guessed correctly.

Last edited by p0intman; 2011-09-01 at 10:45 AM.
Old 2011-09-01, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hamma
PSU Admin

Sounds like a pain in the ass

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-09-01, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Sounds like a pain in the ass
vvy

I doubt most people that fly anything less than supercaps would actually be able to keep themselves afloat when your ship is pretty much a giant "SHOOT ME, I AM A SHINY KILLMAIL FOR YOU" target and you go through having to keep excel sheets to figure out how best to make money, and you have to keep seperate schedules according to when your staging pos needs refueling for the next couple of months.

The occassional random attack by various alliances due to the above comment of being shiny. So having to occassionaly replace starbases with factional starbases to create dickstars (essentially unkillable starbases unless you have a fairly massive amount of firepower. they have obscene defenses lol) and fuel and ammo for THOSE.

the truth is that almost every titan and supercap is known, tracked and recorded by each major alliance.

if you dont know what the fuck you're doing, you really don't deserve to fly one or be trying to kill one.
Old 2011-09-01, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I got as far as buying the Amarr Titan Skillbook.

Old 2011-09-02, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

See, that's the thing for me. The concept is just too awesome, but the execution is a god awful time sink. I just don't have the time to commit to that level of gaming anymore. It's just more trouble than it's worth.
Old 2011-09-05, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
PrISM
Staff Sergeant

This is an accurate assessment of the game.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > EVE Online Discussion