1 Kill Every 4 seconds. Legit. R.I.P. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: if accidently digested, consult a doctor
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-12, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Wahooo
Captain

Re: 1 Kill Every 4 seconds. Legit. R.I.P.

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
Then it's quite possible they would not be the sort to play PS2 anyway if they are not able to show some perseverance in defeat, communicate with other players about how to over come it, and understand this game is not about K/D ratios and has a bit of a learning curve.
Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
That's easier said than done, especially to new recruits. They join the game for the first time, get steamrolled a few times and say to themselves: this game sucks, and leave, never to return.
How about 2 things can be equally true.

The new player experience for this game is horrid. BUT those that don't even give it a chance probably weren't going to stay anyway.
How do you please them. The devs responded to a very high number of people that complained and quit PS1 that they spent an hour (likely 10 minutes) roaming around the sanctuary confused why they couldn't shoot and quit. Or they made it through a WG and then drove their harasser all over an empty continent and never found a fight and quit.
The response? Drop them BEHIND enemy lines so 90% of the time you get instagibbed. The new player drop-pod drops from lower height as well so you are unable to steer it as much as a normal one. It IS a horrid experience but if that shaped one's whole opinion of the game? yeah there is a reason COD resembles OCD.
Old 2012-12-12, 04:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Miffy
Sergeant

I hate the flight mechanics in this game, they're so clunky.

They need to either do Planetsides or BF3s, not a clunky mix of the 2 that doesn't work and always feels like you're fighting with the controls.

The camera also needs to follow the vehicle in third person, staying upright just disorientates you.

Last edited by Miffy; 2012-12-12 at 06:25 AM.
Old 2012-12-13, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTxi...ature=g-user-u
I need to move to that server. Rare people go on long kill streaks on my server.. at least in my experience.
What are those secondary weapons he uses there?
Old 2012-12-13, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Beerbeer
Major

I think he was premature in his RIP.
Old 2012-12-14, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
psychobilly
Corporal

Shows just how shit of a mechanic rocketpods are... good job!

Once again the obvious balance issue: SOE failed to separate anti-vehicle rockets from anti-infantry so there is no down side, and the blast radius of pods (and tank aoe) is far too big.
Old 2012-12-14, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

You guys do realise this all got nerfed in the last patch yes ?

Also the speed those rockets are being shot is not how fast i recall them now, so I am not sure if the video was shot recently or from back in the days where you could unload your entire clip in 2-3 seconds.
Old 2012-12-14, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
psychobilly
Corporal

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
You guys do realise this all got nerfed in the last patch yes ?

Also the speed those rockets are being shot is not how fast i recall them now, so I am not sure if the video was shot recently or from back in the days where you could unload your entire clip in 2-3 seconds.
Only the center max damage radius got nerfed, not the overall AOE diameter. It's still just as much of an issue, and is the wrong way to balance rockets.
Old 2012-12-14, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Mathematics
Corporal

I'm saying this from the perspective of some of my less experienced steam friends, who enjoy fps games, but hated their first experience here and never returned. I'm sure their sentiment is shared by many other newbies and might be the reason pop numbers aren't what it could have been (speculating).
If someone can't handle getting rolled a few times without taking their ball and going home, then they should find another game. A single game can't accommodate all personality types.

Last edited by Mathematics; 2012-12-14 at 08:10 PM.
Old 2012-12-14, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Beerbeer
Major

That's kind of a selfish thing to say as I would like this game to have a healthy population, as I enjoy it. Obviously many other people felt the same as population numbers, at least compared to release, are rather low.

Regardless, I was just regurgitating what was said to me, so don't kill the messenger.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion