Customization Woes - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: nine out of ten cannibals recommend it!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-10, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #241
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Re: Customization Woes

i love being able to customize my character aslong as you cant make them look like power rangers i dont have a problem.

the desert camo looks great. id say from a distance it looks like it would be effective. which is nice as most games that have camo are a joke and make you stick out more lol.
aslong as the customization stays more military then power ranger im all good
Old 2012-05-11, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #242
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
i love being able to customize my character aslong as you cant make them look like power rangers i dont have a problem.

the desert camo looks great. id say from a distance it looks like it would be effective. which is nice as most games that have camo are a joke and make you stick out more lol.
aslong as the customization stays more military then power ranger im all good
If there is a demand for power ranger skins then why not provide that from the cash shop. The skin I want is to turn the atv into a harley with machine guns bolted to the sides.
Old 2012-05-11, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #243
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
If there is a demand for power ranger skins then why not provide that from the cash shop. The skin I want is to turn the atv into a harley with machine guns bolted to the sides.
If this is gonna turn into Mad Max, then I want a skin to convert the lightning to an Interceptor.
Old 2012-06-12, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #244
RSphil
Contributor
Major

just to show you not all the camo is strange we British know how to make our aircraft vanish with the proper camo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	333468_10150965285094885_2094215453_o.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	619  
Old 2012-06-12, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #245
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
just to show you not all the camo is strange we British know how to make our aircraft vanish with the proper camo
I love the camo on that jet. You see there is a psychological element to war as well, and standing out like that will intimidate your enemy. Now if you dont have the skill to back it up the intimidation wont last long.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-12, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #246
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Empire colors must always be prominent on any customization. Its important for target recognition.

I'm really not a fan of the zebra and giraffe and hearts shit, that's getting into the realm of making planetside 2 look like a carnival. It's ridiculous and silly and also make sit harder to identify the empire. I don't like things that make it harder to identify the faction of the target.

Camo is ok, so long as empire colors are still clearly present.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #247
megamold
Second Lieutenant

i'm not 100% convinced on the somewhat more whacky camo either, but i see why they did it and understand why its needed

what makes planetside work is players, lots of players.
going f2p will make sure there will be lots of players, however the downside is you need to sell stuff, and selling realistic style camo can only take you so far.

so i'm not really liking the zebra camo ( and will not buy it either ) but if it gives ps2 a longer and more active lifespan then ps1 i think they made the right call.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #248
Vanu Techpriest
Corporal

I saw someone with a gold plated pistol during the livestream and I've decided that I want a solid gold Magrider that gleams brightly in the sun as I destroy the NC and TR scum.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #249
Jonny
Master Sergeant

I for one think the woodland and desert camo look great, especially on Vanguards!

My only worry, as i've stated before is the quality of the giraffe/zebra skins. They need to look as good as default player/vehicle skins with fading/dust scratches - like they are war painted on. I also don't want to see this game getting too ridiculous with the additions - I stopped playing TF2 because of how much unconsidered junk they filled the game with.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #250
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Empire colors must always be prominent on any customization. Its important for target recognition.

I'm really not a fan of the zebra and giraffe and hearts shit, that's getting into the realm of making planetside 2 look like a carnival. It's ridiculous and silly and also make sit harder to identify the empire. I don't like things that make it harder to identify the faction of the target.

Camo is ok, so long as empire colors are still clearly present.
i agree. from the pics we have seen so far though the empire colors still easy to see, also the soldiers have a different shape aswel to make recognition a little easier. loving the real camo's like the desert one and jungle. Would love to see some digital camo come into play aswell though. i actually like the F/A18 in the digital camo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32833_34342.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	620   Click image for larger version

Name:	6034321987_6495d3df8f_b.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	621  
Old 2012-06-12, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #251
Ironside
Corporal

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
Which is why I should be able to pay for such an option as turning off customizations. I think it's a fair request.
Agreed
Old 2012-06-12, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #252
RSphil
Contributor
Major

desert camo ect though will be of use so turning them off may be seen as an advantage so i dont think it will be an option
Old 2012-06-12, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #253
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

If they give us good quality serious skins along with just a handful of goofy skins I think you wont have too much of a problem with immersion. Though I cant wait for the outfits clown night in PS2 ������
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-12, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #254
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
Which is why I should be able to pay for such an option as turning off customizations. I think it's a fair request.
When customizations are primarily silly things, I absolutely agree.

However, it defeats the purpose of camo, and also outfit recognition if people blanket turn off cosmetic customizations.

I'd prefer they not have silly stupid shit like zebra patterns and stick to practical cosmetics that are within the empire theme that can be used for recognition of individuals or outfits, or have practical camo-purpose.

There are tons of variations you could make on any given class just with different empire color patterns without getting into ridiculous crap.

If there's so much ridiculous crap that you feel the need to turn off customizations then they have too much ridiculous crap and need to simply get rid of it.

I'm still hoping that the zebra and giraffe patterns are just for testing purposes and shits and giggles and not real customizations that will be in game. If so... /facepalm.
Old 2012-06-12, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #255
ZeroOneZero
Corporal

Bring back badges and medals, just make them look more appealing and people can actually tell the difference between them. (1000 AA kills, you get a bronze medal with a MAX blowing off the smoke off his weapons)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion