Subscription, One time payment, or both? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Terran Rebublic, its not just for Dinner anymore.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which?
One time payment 41 25.15%
Subscription 60 36.81%
Neither 19 11.66%
Both 35 21.47%
Other 8 4.91%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-19, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Purple
Sergeant Major

Re: Subscription, One time payment, or both?

i would pay around $100 for a lifetime sub. then i would also buy skins and other things.
Old 2012-04-19, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I'd like both; A subscription for constant things like 'ability to run an outfit', 'higher levels of advancement', 'class training while offline', etc.

But I'd also want to have one-time payment options for things like outfit emblems, character customization options.

There are perks that shouldn't be bought with one time payments because they're recurring, and the value diminishes if you don't play as much.
By the same token, paying a subscription in silly for an item that you only use once.
Old 2012-04-19, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Fenrod
Sergeant

Misc Info

A subscription for constant things like 'ability to run an outfit
What if you stop your sub ? Your outfit will disband ?

In my opinion, they should ask for a small fee in order to grant you a premium account, which could give you all those benefits you listed ( outfit, class traning offl., etc. ).

Then, it would be all up to you if you wanted to pay other fees to get cosmetic features.
Old 2012-04-19, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

While I can't say what type of model I'd prefer PS2 to have, I can still say what I think could work.

One time payment + cosmetic/customization shop.

SOE seems to have settled with the F2P-model anyways and I'm honestly totally fine with that too. Hopefully, just like they are hoping too I guess, this means the game will have a large, if not very large, playerbase. For a game like PS2 this is a necessity.

F2P obviously brings with it certain amount of issues and problems SOE needs to confront and tackle, but this is not the time nor place to discuss them!
Old 2012-04-19, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

I spend like 500$ in PS1 Sub, so $100 sounds like a bargain if I were also to sub in PS2.
Old 2012-04-19, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Noivad
Master Sergeant

I'll pay $15 usd each month for a premium account. Thats 180 USD x 2 one for wife. $360 usd a year.
discounted for 3, 6 and 12 months would be nice.

Outfit Leader Wise, I'll pay a one time fee to customise my outfit look so no other outfit has it. Talking about Uniforms and Vehicles.

I would even pay if I could have a Custom Logo for my outfit designed by me or a member to put on uniforms and equipment..

I would pay to change the logo or the look if I wanted to change it.

I would pay a one time fee for a Status board that I could customize for my Outfit to use with a simple interface that would allow me to pick and choose the API for Stats.

I would pay for a System like eve online that allowed me as OL to give customized medals to indivuals in my outfit.

I small 1 time fee to have a Duty roster - MTOE - Major Table Organization Equipment,
that I could slot indivuals into specfic roles I deem necessary for my outfit.

I would pay for a specfic weapon design unit issued to my units.

Since I will most likely have two accounts, my wife always has my back even in RL, she is devasting with a Glock .

I would expect she would pay, with my money for custumazation of Avatars. if that will be avail in more debt then just changing the color of a uniform - I liked what Sony did with DCUO -

I would pay a casual low fee somewhere between 3 and 6 usd for specialized customized side grades and upgrades.

I do not support buying XP or XP boosts. People who do not play often should not expect to get more experience without playing the game. Makes those of us who do play longer hours feel cheated. An example with that is when I started playing eve online all skill points were earned - not given for free. You had a feeling of accomplishment. When eve started giving new players skill books and skill points it was as if all the ones who started with nothing had wasted their time. When you give away XP for cash its degrading to the people who did it the hard wat . World of Tanks has a name for them.
We call them Wallet Warriors.

A casual payment system for the part time player would do as well.

you could probally charge for name, and stat changes, but I would like to see an incdicator of how many times a person does it.

I would expect that purchases for my outfit would be perm, not temp.

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are

Last edited by Noivad; 2012-04-19 at 12:26 PM.
Old 2012-04-19, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Pollo Jack
Corporal

Originally Posted by Furret View Post
I'd like both; A subscription for constant things like 'ability to run an outfit', 'higher levels of advancement', 'class training while offline', etc.

But I'd also want to have one-time payment options for things like outfit emblems, character customization options.

There are perks that shouldn't be bought with one time payments because they're recurring, and the value diminishes if you don't play as much.
By the same token, paying a subscription in silly for an item that you only use once.
So you want to bring back Planet Side Reserves? Can't really market the demo version as F2P.

And Novaid, itsn't that a bit much on things to pay for? I think emblems are fine and all, but paying for a new one every time. Tossing in custom made logos with logos that no one else can use it a little hard to enforce. What is to keep someone from changing a color, adding a few pixels, or putting another empires initials on top?

I would also suggest straying from pay to organize. Teamwork is a much larger advantage than anything else in a game like Planet Side.

Last edited by Pollo Jack; 2012-04-19 at 12:23 PM.
Old 2012-04-19, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Tamas
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Fenrod View Post
Wow. Bad, BAD idea.

Was worth it.
Old 2012-04-19, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Daimond
Private

Even though we do not have really any info on what you get for a sub or what things we can buy or cost, I still Voted for Sub. Reason being is that if you want a onetime payment it’s already there as that’s what the shop if for.

There could be good perks or just all bad perks to being Sub though. But some of the things I think would be cool to get as a Sub for free would be...

- A large number of things or all stuff from cash shop you get to use while subbed and new stuff, and will continue to get if you stop subbed if available to you for a certain amount of time.
- Custom Logo's would be nice - for being a sub you can submit so many a month for review (as needs to be reviewed by someone to deem it appropriate or not, and if it’s not Identical to another) - But can also be in Cash shop at a larger cost then most things as you’re paying someone to review it
- Being able to create your own paint job on armor, guns, and such, be it for outfit or not. Following set color pallets though.

There are other things just can’t remember them right now.
But one thing I’m not a fan of is weather Subbed or have to pay in cash shop in the ability to gain XP, resources or such better then another person that decides to not pay in anyway.
Old 2012-04-19, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Old 2012-04-19, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Crator
Major General

Pretty sure they'll have a sub. Unless they don't plan on including PS2 in the SOE All-Access pass....
Old 2012-04-19, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Noivad View Post
I'll pay $15 usd each month for a premium account. Thats 180 USD x 2 one for wife. $360 usd a year.
discounted for 3, 6 and 12 months would be nice.

Outfit Leader Wise, I'll pay a one time fee to customise my outfit look so no other outfit has it. Talking about Uniforms and Vehicles.

I would even pay if I could have a Custom Logo for my outfit designed by me or a member to put on uniforms and equipment..

I would pay to change the logo or the look if I wanted to change it.

I would pay a one time fee for a Status board that I could customize for my Outfit to use with a simple interface that would allow me to pick and choose the API for Stats.

I would pay for a System like eve online that allowed me as OL to give customized medals to indivuals in my outfit.

I small 1 time fee to have a Duty roster - MTOE - Major Table Organization Equipment,
that I could slot indivuals into specfic roles I deem necessary for my outfit.

I would pay for a specfic weapon design unit issued to my units.

Since I will most likely have two accounts, my wife always has my back even in RL, she is devasting with a Glock .

I would expect she would pay, with my money for custumazation of Avatars. if that will be avail in more debt then just changing the color of a uniform - I liked what Sony did with DCUO -

I would pay a casual low fee somewhere between 3 and 6 usd for specialized customized side grades and upgrades.

I do not support buying XP or XP boosts. People who do not play often should not expect to get more experience without playing the game. Makes those of us who do play longer hours feel cheated. An example with that is when I started playing eve online all skill points were earned - not given for free. You had a feeling of accomplishment. When eve started giving new players skill books and skill points it was as if all the ones who started with nothing had wasted their time. When you give away XP for cash its degrading to the people who did it the hard wat . World of Tanks has a name for them.
We call them Wallet Warriors.

A casual payment system for the part time player would do as well.

you could probally charge for name, and stat changes, but I would like to see an incdicator of how many times a person does it.

I would expect that purchases for my outfit would be perm, not temp.
Noivad for president of the world.

I think that a subscription should get you bits and pieces. For the sake of argument let's say that paying a sub of 15$ a month gets you x station cash (at a pennies to the dollar rate, not an amount equal to 15$) each month. It could also give you tokens that could be spent on things such as a character having OL abilities. These tokens would be permanently applied to individual characters.

Tokens could be used to purchase all of the above, but you might only get a set number per month you paid your subscription. Or just allow station cash to be used to purchase stuff, and the sub could just give you x amount of station cash similar to how CoH is set up. You had the ability to buy more points if you wanted to make purchases, but you always accumulated points just for paying a sub.
Old 2012-04-19, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
SKYeXile
Major General

i like the sub option,
but id pay for alot of things.

better netcode for my shots for one.
outfit custom logo
skins
unlocks

id expect from a sub:
More resources from offline and increased cert gain, with a larger resource storage.
priory in que's, into the world, content and vehicles.
more character slots
unlimited chat functionality.
faster grief decay and the ability to kill whatever free play users I like without penalty....

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-19, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
cryosin
Master Sergeant

I think there should be both.

Here's what i really don't like about current F2P games:

Rentals: These are cheap but they increase the cost of permanent ownership.

Expensive Weapons: If each weapon is $7-$15 then that is a bit high.

I also hope there's a bundle option. I would love to pay the price of a retail game($60?) and get most of the weapons/sidegrades unlocked at once.

Another thing the subscription could have is added cash. So if you where going to pay $15 at once, you should just pay for a subscription and get the same amount of added station cash.
Old 2012-04-20, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
SteinB
Sergeant

As an a Sony All-Access member I voted subscription.

$15 to $20 a month is a bargain with the number of hours most players spend in game(s).

Also, the bean counters at corporations like to see guaranteed long term income, so subscriptions will help the developers when they request funding for supporting/expanding the game.

Here endeth the commercial
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion