Clownside 2 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: warez.... ban!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-31, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
OCNSethy
Major

Re: Clownside 2

That outfit, good sir, is a beautiful thing
Old 2013-01-31, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
When I play this game I want to be part of a scifi-themed, military shooter where everybody and everything looks bad ass and mean machine. Not a cartoon circus full of clowns with spike helmets and ugly death masks, dressed up in carnaval colored suits that hurt the eyes. Not sure what the devs are thinking but imo they went way overboard with these cosmetics, to a level that fighting inbetween an increasing army of all these pierrots is distracting from game play.

Games like Blacklight Retribution already have shown us that there are endless ways to customize (and monetize!) individual load-outs while still looking bad ass and staying within the original design principles.

So, to give the devs a better insight in what they are achieving with these arcade cosmetics, let's post a screenshot of the most ridiculous looking outfit you've come across. I'll start off:

Imagine what it will look when they will add empire specific run animations to these "professional warriors". I think that might be just enough put Team Fortress 2 out of business, lol.

I'm surprised you didn't use the NC heavy assault with camo and SKULL MASK as your example. It's by far the biggest eyesore in the game.

And seriously, the camo does look pretty horrible when combined with the faction highlights. That's part of the reason why I like IRNV so much.

And you guys know... as the years roll on and player studio items come onto the marketplace. This circus is only going to get funnier and funnier. Killer Clowns From Outer Space!

Last edited by QuantumMechanic; 2013-01-31 at 09:20 PM.
Old 2013-01-31, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Theres a good thread on the offical forums about people wanting more badass genuine military style cosmetics, yet SOE doesnt want to cash in on it... They really dont like making money lol.

Luckily for TR the zebra camo doesnt look as ridiculous as VS/NC

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-01-31, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
typhaon
Sergeant Major

I wish the gear was empire-specific and thematic.

It's early on in the game... hopefully later stuff will be better.
Old 2013-01-31, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by LoliLoveFart View Post
I like the goofy helmets and camos, so long as they don't waste too many resources on them I don't see why its an issue, unless you are trying to force your ideals on aesthetics?
Apart from the aesthetics of these wacko outfits (I think they're horrible, some might like them), if devs decide to go all out bonanza on gear without sticking to the original design principles, you end up in no time with a game that feels nothing like the original 3 faction fight anymore. It becomes a kindergarten carnival that deteriorates the overall experience.

I mean what is this, Giraffes from Hell?

Pighead Laser Disco?

Mind you, these are not even the worst examples.
Old 2013-02-01, 01:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

I think people should be free to look like a clown if they want to play NC.
Old 2013-02-01, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

I think it's an outrage that there is still no sign of leopard print camo.
Old 2013-02-01, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sifer2
Major

Well the question is what is selling best? The average person doesn't even buy cosmetics. 90% of players seem to run with the standard gear or alpha squad camo if they bought that. The only other stuff I ever see is the silly items bought by people who WANT to stand out. They want to look ridiculous I suppose. So I imagine it's a case of them catering to the cosmetics audience. Though I agree I would have much preferred they make all cosmetics more like the composite armor which actually fits the game aesthetic.
Old 2013-02-01, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

I have a bigger problem with the camos not following the actual color pattern set for each empire than with silly camo designs.

Devs, remember that thing?

Please, stick to it.
Old 2013-02-01, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
ChrisLand
Corporal

Honestly I don't really care what other people look like.

In this day and age developers have to cater to the children, the CoD players, and the gaming culture. Unfortunately the culture today promotes ridiculous looks and some of the younger folk will do whatever they can to stand out and "troll". (Even some older people do this as well...I just do not understand)

As long as I retain the option of having my badass matching armor and weapon camoflauge tailored to fit the environment I'm fighting in...
the trolls can wear whatever they want.
Old 2013-02-01, 06:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Eventually I hope for outfit uniforms.
Old 2013-02-01, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Figment
Lieutenant General

The question you should ask yourself is, is this effective at throwing your eyes off at recognising shapes?

It actually seems to blend in with the background reasonably. Despite looking like hell. The purple works decently at night, even if it's a tad neon. There are however a lot of camos and suit combis that do very little for the player and their role.

The "camo" of having lights on a NC infil suit for instance is uhm... Yeah.

Check in here for camouflage that's actually used around the world.
http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
Old 2013-02-01, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Too obvious maybe but I'll post one when I find a ridiculous looking giraffe camo outfit.
Done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45_dxn7oy9U
Old 2013-02-01, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Ghodere
Corporal

When I first saw the NC spikes, it sort of reminded me of the Marauders from the later Red Faction games. Which makes sense if you consider that they're both using scrap metal and such.

Old 2013-02-01, 07:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

The spikes were in the game for quite awhile, go see that Pre-Beta TR HA screenshot...

They just decided to activate the cosmetic.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion