Possible upcoming changes to Spawn Rules - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: thank god for pizza delivery
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-07-15, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
GraniteRok
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Re: Possible upcoming changes to Spawn Rules

I'd like to see Squad Deploy taken out altogether. In it's current form, we see this being an instant spawn exploit outside of using a spawn beacon just like the old map deploy system. If squads and platoons need to drop in to a location, then they should be using a beacon or a Galaxy. Pretty sure the intended use of this was to gather up squads that had been scattered across the map. It's definitely not being used much in this way but rather a free hot drop for flanking tactics.

Sure would also like to see Base/AMS binding come to the game as respawn options and make a recall to Warpgate a separate button action!
Old 2013-07-15, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Crator
Major General

I'll second everything Graniterok just said.
Old 2013-07-15, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
CrankyTRex
Staff Sergeant

I'd say you really have to change how the spawning at bases themselves work more than which ones you can pick.

I think that what you guys should really be looking at is having spawn rooms directly attached to capture points that once flipped, turn off the attached spawn, as opposed to just one big SCU. (I'd also say some capture points should be shield generators etc. as well.)

But as for where you can spawn when you die, one of my personal pet peeves is dying during air combat way away from my origin point and being stuck having to spawn around there or the WG. I'd rather be able to spawn back at whatever facility my aircraft originated most of the time.
Old 2013-07-15, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Hamma
PSU Admin

I shall third what Granite said.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-07-15, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Senorblanco
Private

Stop trying to micro-manage my gaming experience, who cares if you can deploy anywhere on the map... There has been too much struggle to push everyone into battles. The best a battles I have had have been completely organic where forces clash and others were able to quickly re-enforce the troops, to create amazing hour long battles of random locations. Making you have to work to get to a location to have the battle over before you get there is a pain and sucks the fun factor out of the game. Our outfit many times with use gals to locations and sometime jump around redeploying to get to battles soon, having optional to play the game makes it exciting and fun.
If ppl what to rapid deploy to save a base I welcome them, gives me more to kill and causes me to work harder, plus rapid deploying discourages the ghost capers b/c you can bounce over and stop them.

If you want to only use transports to get around the battlefield that is your choice, but don't wreck it for everyone.
Old 2013-07-16, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
iccle
Private

Originally Posted by GraniteRok View Post
I'd like to see Squad Deploy taken out altogether. In it's current form, we see this being an instant spawn exploit outside of using a spawn beacon just like the old map deploy system. If squads and platoons need to drop in to a location, then they should be using a beacon or a Galaxy. Pretty sure the intended use of this was to gather up squads that had been scattered across the map. It's definitely not being used much in this way but rather a free hot drop for flanking tactics.

Sure would also like to see Base/AMS binding come to the game as respawn options and make a recall to Warpgate a separate button action!
I am not sure about removing it all together as the main reason for it being in there is still appropriate, but certainly put a highly restrictive cooldown timer on it >15 minutes or so, anything that encourages people to travel in vehicles instead of teleporting around the map.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion