Incoming ESRL Changes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Accept me Hamma accept me!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-25, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Incoming ESRL Changes

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-03-25 at 09:08 PM.
Old 2013-03-25, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Incoming ESRL Changes

Hopefully that will means they fix the other projectiles that don't render all of the time.
Old 2013-03-25, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
RSphil
Contributor
Major

I find the flight path of the stricker rockets a little off and need to be looked at. they do some strange stuff sometimes.
Old 2013-03-25, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

No mention of changing the Phoenix's infantry killing capability? Don't really think being able to shoot it down is going to help all that much.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-03-25, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

If you have full flak armor, you should be able to survive one Phoenix rocket. Currently, it's a OHK against all softies.

Last edited by Bocheezu; 2013-03-25 at 09:59 PM.
Old 2013-03-25, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Calisai
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
No mention of changing the Phoenix's infantry killing capability? Don't really think being able to shoot it down is going to help all that much.
If I read the NV post correctly, I think he means making it a permanent NV... and make infantry not show up as easily. Check Ikea Catalogue and innovations Catalogue. So without changing the damage, makes them harder to hit in the first place.... Sort of how cloaked infils are to NV right now... maybe not completely invisible, but make it so it's hard to see them unless you fire right at them, and then only give you a split second to try and steer into them.

Might work... we'll have to see. (A reason never to buy things like this the first week of release...)
Old 2013-03-25, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hobnail
Private

Originally Posted by Bocheezu View Post
If you have full flak armor, you should be able to survive one Phoenix rocket. Currently, it's a OHK against everything.
Not a bad solution but that would make the Pho the only projectile in the game that is attenuated on direct hits by flak armor. Currently flak only protects you from AoE damage and the Pho inflicts little if any blast damage.
Old 2013-03-25, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

I like how there are no straight damage nerfs.
Old 2013-03-25, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The Phoenix isn't even as good as the Decimator at killing infantry.

Old 2013-03-25, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
nteger
Private

Still nothing about manual detonation for the Phoenix?
Old 2013-03-25, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Bocheezu View Post
If you have full flak armor, you should be able to survive one Phoenix rocket. Currently, it's a OHK against all softies.
Originally Posted by Hobnail View Post
Not a bad solution but that would make the Pho the only projectile in the game that is attenuated on direct hits by flak armor. Currently flak only protects you from AoE damage and the Pho inflicts little if any blast damage.
Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
The Phoenix isn't even as good as the Decimator at killing infantry.

Yup, nothing wrong with a one hit kill guided missile you can fire from behind shit. You should need to spend several hundred certs to survive.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2013-03-25, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

Old 2013-03-25, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sirisian
Colonel

They still have the main issue that it feels like their goal is to remove all other AV weapons from the game except for the Decimator. I get that in order to make money every weapon in their model needs to be better than the last, but they're going to run out of options after a few weapons with that strategy especially if the players don't accept the release of increasingly overpowered weapons. They need to find a different way to approach things.

That said I don't think the balance will ever be right after Rev 2 or 100. You have distinct weapons with different playstyles meaning they're going to be used differently. Balancing that is frankly impossible and I'm surprised the developers don't realize that after analyzing PS1. We had this exact same issue over many years as the developers back then released balance patches.
Old 2013-03-25, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Wouldnt hurt them to allow weapon trade ins and a bit of SC to upgrade to the latest.
Old 2013-03-25, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Kail
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
That said I don't think the balance will ever be right after Rev 2 or 100. You have distinct weapons with different playstyles meaning they're going to be used differently. Balancing that is frankly impossible and I'm surprised the developers don't realize that after analyzing PS1. We had this exact same issue over many years as the developers back then released balance patches.
How do you define balance? People use the word to mean many different things. Are the ESRL's balanced in relation to an Empire? In relation to each other? If each other, by damage per clip? Damage per round? Situational usages? Clearly they can never be "perfectly balanced" against each other as they operate differently..

But then again, people don't play games with unique sides to have perfect balance.

Balance is then making sure that when a side has an advantage its not too much of an advantage; or when side is at a disadvantage it's not at too much of a disadvantage. And that's entirely possible to do.

Edit: I do agree though that they've really gone gung-ho on AV weapons for the HA. I personally think the NS ones should never have been added, but oh well.

Last edited by Kail; 2013-03-25 at 11:49 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion