PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Droppod "Training"

Retro
2003-06-13, 06:47 PM
Hello All, I've recently just started playing PlanetSide, but I have a problem with the Droppod "training" section.

After the HART lifts off, you're told to double click on a continent.

However, double clicking on any continent does nothing, and I'm then stuck.

Also, all the continents have population lock icons on them, so could this be the reason, and thus it being a bug with the "training"?

Dooby
2003-06-22, 08:10 AM
I have the same problem...i have to ctrl-alt-delete to shut down the game...

powdahound
2003-06-22, 03:26 PM
Must be a bug in the game... That isn't something that would happen because of your hardware or anything. Sorry. :( I'm sure they'll fix it soon, but you should let them know you're having the problem anyway.

Byshop
2003-06-22, 08:17 PM
Speaking from a programming standpoint, pretty much any bug can be because of a hardware combination. Even if it's not a hardware configuration cause specifically, it could be a software conflict with a driver of utility that comes with a specific piece of hardware for instance.

Or it could be just as simple as the order that certain things are done in. Some specific combination or mouse clicks and keyboard presses that results in the map being population locked. I noticed other problems in training (such as training getting stuck if you try to move through the objectives too quickly).

I encountered the same problem as well, BTW.

-Byshop

powdahound
2003-06-22, 08:53 PM
Well I'm a programmer to, and I do agree with you, but I have heard of this happening before and it very much seems like it's NOT a hardware conflict issue. ;)

Dooby
2003-06-23, 04:31 AM
spoke to a friend at work, and he has the exact same problem, sounds like it is a training mission bug...

anyone know if it has been reported? ( I cant access the SOE forum at the moment cos I am at work :( )

powdahound
2003-06-23, 08:13 AM
In-Game you can use the '/bug' command to submit a bug. ;) I think you may have to be in a server though.

Dooby
2003-06-23, 09:32 AM
managed to get to look at the soe forums, this seems to be a VERY well known and widely reported bug that is being 'looked into'... not sure whether it is particularly high priority though :|

powdahound
2003-06-23, 11:09 AM
Drop pods aren't very hi-tech or confusing, so I imagine they are working on other things first. ;) Most people would like the online play bugs fixed before the tutorials.

Dooby
2003-06-24, 03:47 AM
yes, i realise that. The thing i find annoying is that the droppod training isnt really that vital ( it isnt that difficult ) and once you have got to the map screen there isnt much more to it. HOwever it would be nice to be able to do some of the other training missions, perhaps they could implement a fix that just unlocked ALL of the training missions without having to go through them one at a time...

FireWolf22
2003-06-25, 12:37 PM
I have had the same problem with my trainging in droppods. I purchased the game after the original released before all the updates and patches. I believe that I know the reason for this delima. I got my girlfriend involved and she was preforming the training. When she got to the droppod training she ran into the same problem. The reason for the inability to drop is due to the population lock patch. Now that they have added that patch and you are the only person on during the training you are the max population allowed during training so therefore all conts are locked. This needs to be brought up to the dev team to see if they can fix.

FireWolf22 :)