PDA

View Full Version : Gamepad vehicle setup?

Spookymonster
2003-07-01, 11:26 AM
I've got the Thrustmaster dual fire gamepad installed on my PC, and I'd like to use it for piloting vehicles. Windows XP recognizes the pad and displays all functions as... well... functional. However, Planetside isn't reacting to it the way I would have thought. Here's some of the highlights:

-X/Y mapping of joystick doesn't control soldier.
-X/Y mapping does control most ground vehicles.
-X/Y mapping doesn't control tanks.
-X/Y mapping doesn't control flying vehicles.
-Throttle works fine for all vehicles.

Anyone else have success setting up a gamepad with PS?

All tips and gratuities apreciated :).

FireWolf22
2003-07-01, 12:24 PM
I have attempted to utilize my peripherals with ps also, To no success. I have just given up and now only use the mouse and keyboard. I attempted to use my Logitech Extreme 3d joystick for aircraft controls. I don't want anything else to be controled by it so I attempted to set it up as such. As long as I have the joystick plugged into my pc I get a slight auto run when on foot, as well as during driving:mad:. So in order for the rest of the gameplay to go smoothly I have just given up on peripherals. Makes things a lot easier also. IMHO

Wolf:cool:

powdahound
2003-07-01, 06:29 PM
PS has massive problems with joysticks/gamepads and aerial vehicles unfortunately. :(

Trebonious
2003-07-03, 03:08 AM
Remember, PlanetSide doesn't have much if any joystick support at ALL. This is something I don't think developers can get over because of the engine which PlanetSide uses.

Hamma
2003-07-03, 12:11 PM
They just never finished it ;)