PDA

View Full Version : crashes

Frozen-Monkey
2003-07-07, 04:37 PM
every 5 mins or so, my comp says im not reciving packets or crap like that so i have to ctrl-alt-delete and restart the program. i've talked to some guys at work but they say its something wrong with your severs. is there any way to stop this or atleast slow its occurence. i cant get any cep because of this

Hamma
2003-07-07, 05:54 PM
Toy with the bandwidth settings in game options

Frozen-Monkey
2003-07-07, 10:32 PM
ive tried messing around with those but it has no affect

powdahound
2003-07-08, 08:02 AM
Are you behind a router or firewall or anything? Give us some info....

Agathon
2003-07-08, 08:37 AM
Hello,

Do you have any other problems online while either browsing the web or playing other games? Has the game always done this? Do you have any other programs running that are accessing your Internet connection? When you get the connection problem box, it never goes away once you get it?

What kind of Internet connection do you have? What hardware are you using to connect (Linksys router, cable modem, etc.)? We definitely need more information.

Thanks,

Frozen-Monkey
2003-07-08, 07:22 PM
i have no other problems online or with other games but i am behind both a router and a firewall

Agathon
2003-07-09, 08:09 AM
Hello,

Does the box come and go, or it remains until you reboot?

Try using the /stats command and checking your connection statistics. Let us know if the /stats information is effed up, and let us know the numbers.

Are you using a wired or wireless NIC on the gaming machine?

Depending on your router, I've found some have problems routing both wireless and wired for heavy games online like FPS'ers. If you are on wireless, try connecting through a wired connection as a test. You might have the router problem, or you could be getting interference from a 2.4gHz phone, cell phone, etc.

Thanks,

Frozen-Monkey
2003-07-09, 11:51 AM
when i went to stats, it read:
ping:46
loss:o.4%
FPS 39.5
i have no clue what the FPS is or the lose but i could take a guess.
i also have a hard line set up on my comp