PDA

View Full Version : Graphics card... Will it improve my Planetside??

sYNtriKz
2003-07-12, 01:43 PM
Im no good with computers... So sorry if this sounds strange in anyway...

I will soon be getting a new graphics card.

Currently I have a Geforce2... However I have my eye out for this: NVida Geforce TI based video card with 128mb RAM.

In the majority of battles I get "lurching"... If I get this new graphics card will it improve this? Will it make my game go abit faster? Will it load faster? ... HELP ... Lol

Im looking to get more RAM to a 512. I have RD RAM and have to stick with it, and it's the best quality, however it's bloody expensive!! Im talking wayyyy too expensive.. But like I say it's the best quality so I suppose it's good.

Please help me

-Dan

Lise
2003-07-12, 04:06 PM
No double posting plz. I imagine the thread in "General Discussion" will get moved in here soon enough (check that, it has a few replies.)

Sentrosi
2003-07-12, 06:44 PM
Too bad RDRAM won't be supported much longer by Intel though.

N E Way, back to the video card. Best thing for you to do is invest in an ATI 9500pro video card. You'll be able to play the next wave of games with no worrys of upgrading for at least 2 years. If you still want the TI4200 though I'll gladly sell you mine. PM me if you're interested.

Lise
2003-07-12, 11:24 PM
ATI cards and Planetside still don't have the best of relationships though. Still his call, though - the Raddy 9500 PRO is indeed a killer card for the price, and they're disappearing fast as production has ceased.

And yeh - IIRC a i875 w dual-channel PC3200 DDR will outperform the best RAMBUS has to offer. Ah, the rise and fall of RAMBUS...