PDA

View Full Version : 9700 pro question

Conceptor
2003-07-15, 04:35 PM
1. i was wondering if my video card is the reason i cant choose the vsync option for planetside ... i mean.. i can choose it under the video options, but when i come back on the game again the vsync's turned off. What does vsync do anyway, is it something that i want on at all?

2. And what about forced buffer depth.. would i want that disabled in my video options or set to 24bit?

3. I have my AA on max and my AF on application preference (but before i clicked on app. preference i put it on 16x) so is there a chance that it will go for 16x anyway even though i put it under app preference? i left the option under quality NOT performance btw...

4. and my last question, my game runs a little slow when i dont have AA or AF under application preference (and looks plain ol crappy) and i have latest drivers, and Directx9.0 any tips?

p.s. i have 2.4ghz P4, asus p4s8x motherboard, DSL, 9700 pro (obviouslly ;) 1gig pc-2700 ram, SB audigy soooo i dont think these things should be choppy even in the slightest.