PDA

View Full Version : Ah, Crap! Errors, BAD! Someone help!

Mr1337Duck
2003-07-20, 05:48 AM
I got my Video Card, Sound Card, Planetside, and possibly the network installed. When I power on it plays the little sound, the icons appear, then the screen goes black. It happens during the sound, which keeps playing, so I assume it's just a display problem. What do I do? Please help me, for my cat's sake.

Sentrosi
2003-07-20, 05:52 AM
:move to tech forum please:

NeoTassadar
2003-07-20, 05:55 AM
You could disable the sound at startup, who knows, I've had weirder things causing errors before.
Or come up in Safe Mode and see if everything's working properly, scandisk, defrag, etc. while in Safe Mode if you want, it's faster.
If all else fails, you could call tech support, or read the video and cards' manuals to check compatabilities or something(doubt that's the problem, though).

Pilgrim
2003-07-20, 09:37 AM
'yeah I'd hop into safe mode and change your video settings. Sounds like you may be overtaxxing your monitor with too high of settings.

Also could be a bad/incompatable driver.

To get into safe mode slam f5... or f6 can't remember when the comp says "starting windows" (this is a black screen and can go by real fast)

Hope it helps.

And when in doubt reload your OS. Probably got an incompatability with all the new hardware!

PAX

Mtx
2003-07-20, 11:45 AM
Everytime I see this guys name I think of Duckofdeath.

He was my favorite quacker. :love:

Squeeky
2003-07-20, 11:54 AM
Correct forum (http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=19)

Strygun
2003-07-20, 12:11 PM
I'm gonna move this over to the tech forum, they can help you better over there.