PDA

View Full Version : New purchases/hardware reviews and comparisons

Navaron
2003-01-05, 11:52 PM
What the hell, I've got a question that could work out on here. I've found a oem 9700 pro, and it says the only dif is that it doesnt have a memory heatsink and doesn't have those little games with it. I don't know if it needs a memory heatsink or not.

Also, whats the best gaming mother board and chip combo, new amd 2800s or the p4 3.00 on what the hell ever board? Just curious.

Nav

BLuE_ZeRO
2003-01-06, 08:17 PM
you posting this in every forum? Go with an AMD if your building your computer yourself. AMD is a great gaming processor but P4 is also pretty damn good as well but a bit more expensive.

FireFrenzy
2003-01-06, 08:26 PM
If you want to give away an arm and a leg (or i guess two legs, so you can actually play) you could get a p4 3.06 northwood and a p4 mobo (dont know many of em). Otherwise i'd go with an amd 2700 (2800 if you can actually find it) and the asus a7n8x-dx, great board/cpu and alot cheaper.

Heatsink would only help with the cooling, you dont get the games, because you dont get an ATI box. You won't get any ATI support either, but you can find non OEM's pretty cheap id grab it just to be safe. Might be a few bucks more, but worth it in the long run.

Navaron
2003-01-06, 08:26 PM
Naah,

I posted it over there, and then realized it belonged here and would most likely be better recieved, although I am impressed with the knowledge bank here.

Nav