PDA

View Full Version : Planetside making my comp reset

Animus45
2003-08-16, 01:53 PM
Ok, my computer has NEVER rebooted improperly before.. until I DLed the planetside 7 day trial the other day. When I play the game, about every 15-20 minutes it will just reboot the computer. No error message, no ctd.. nothing. After my computer boots up again and I go back into planetside it will reset after another 15-20 minutes. This problem ONLY happens in planetside I haven't had a lockup/reboot outside of planetside. I'm pretty sure it isn't the Blaster Worm because i went to the microsoft site and got the fix for it. anyways, i really really want to buy the game, but i'm definitely not going to unless I can get this problem fixed. Here's my specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
System Model: MS-6547
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Doobz
2003-08-16, 04:47 PM
what's your power supply? it could be, since PS is such a hardware intensive game, that something is sucking up the power, leaving another unit underpowered to the point where it reboots

random reboots, crashes, shutdowns can most often be traced to an inadequate or bad power supply

Animus45
2003-08-16, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure.. how do I find out?

Doobz
2003-08-17, 02:53 AM
open up your case, look at the label on your power supply and read what the max output is

also, it should be on the label as well, read how many amps are going down each line