PDA

View Full Version : major grafx problem..

jadetooth
2003-10-09, 09:31 PM
Check this one out guys...

OK so I got the 7-day demo the other day to just *see* if i could even get the game to work and if i liked it...

Well it's causing me some problems.

Basically the screen flickers a lot of randomly colored triangles, lines, bars, garbage, and little red squares whenever i try to run planetside.

My specs are as follows:
Windows XP
AMD Athlon XP 2400
512 mgs ram
GeForce4 MX 440 w/ AGP8x

Before running the game i got directx 9.0b and the newest driver off nvidia.com. Ive reinstalled them since with no luck, and also messed around with a bunch of the graphics settings and other stuff.

The game seems to run fine, except that i can't really see what is going on. At all.

Another weird thing: since planetside messed up, shadowbane(also on the computer) is a bit graphically buggy where it's always been sound before aka those darn red squares on the login screen)

Anyone have any thoughts I've missed?

Thx in advance.

dscytherulez
2003-10-10, 09:12 AM
Do you OC?

Its sounds like you OCed ur vid card too high

jadetooth
2003-10-10, 12:48 PM
no. it might have gotten messed up at some point though... i had a mobo problem and we replaced it but never replaced the gfx card. I didn't say anything tho since i wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas. I prolly just need to replace it but lol i really dont want to, and its weird bcuz the machine works a-ok until u try to play a game.

NoSurrender
2003-10-11, 05:18 PM
because Windows XP is in 2d while games are 3d for your gfx card. while some idiot decided we need Directx 10 in Longhorn (the next windows) so you can have floating images .... :mad: ive had alot of fun making fun of microsoft over this

Rbstr
2003-10-11, 09:27 PM
I don't know i think i would be kinda cool to have a 3d desktop like the desktop my keyboards is on.
And the Areo interface looks cool from the screenies i've seen(better than this crazy blue and green, or silver and green)

Jouster
2003-10-15, 03:39 PM
My specs are as follows:
Windows XP
AMD Athlon XP 2400
512 mgs ram
GeForce4 MX 440 w/ AGP8x

What brand is your Geforce? Gainward by chance?