PDA

View Full Version : Random? lockup

Phaden
2003-10-14, 10:52 PM
About a week ago i started having random? lockups in PS. Not sure what its from but heres the details:

I have P4 2.8 HT 800 FSB Gigabyte 875P
512 of 2700 RAM
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
Onboard sound
Cable modem w/ router.

I use Teamspeak in game. I have played PS for almost 3 months and never have had this type of thing happen. Basically i start up Teamspeak, then PS. Anywhere from 1-45 minutes later i lock up. It can lock 3+ times in 5 mins as well. No CTD, just locked with picture still on screen. Ctrl-alt-Del does nothing, Alt-F4 the same. The light for power is still on, but the red hard drive light doesnt do anything. It almost sounds likr the harddrive is not doin anything at all.

This doesnt happen to any other games i play. C&C generals, Battlefield 1942. I can play for hours and hours. I noticed that my brother didnt lock when he played PS so i started to wonder.

I noticed i only get the lock when i have Teamspeak running. So i tried playing without and over 3 hours no locks. So i started Teamspeak and left it on a blank desktop, and low and behold it locked the computer. I tried it with generals and it dd the same thing.

So im kinda sure its TS but it did lock once or twice in the described manor when TS was not on. I tried re-installing TS but it didnt help. ANy other suggestions as i REALLY like having TS and its a major part of our outfit.!!! Please reply with anything else you have to try or comments as i have NO IDEA.

kinada423
2003-10-15, 07:17 AM
My suggestion would be to check what your sound setting are for planetside. Also make sure your sound card is selected in the options for teamspeak. If you still have problems switch teamspeak over to use wave only instead of directsound. If your sound card doesnt supports directsound ( you can check this in dxdiag from the run command in windows) make sure PS is running directsound software. Hope this helps your problem.

Phaden
2003-10-15, 10:06 PM
i have tried all the afformentioned things and it still does it. However in another development, i ran TS on a 98 computer with no problems. Any other ideas?

Rbstr
2003-10-16, 03:16 PM
well if you have a sound card lieing around someware you may want to try that, it could be the onboard sound thing, TS2 works just fien for me though, and i have integtated

NoSurrender
2003-10-16, 05:23 PM
maybe your using up to much connection turn down the allowed and amount and see what happens or it could just tax your Comp to much w/ it on i have a similiar prob and when i turned it down it helped but didnt fix

Phaden
2003-10-16, 09:06 PM
Ok, i just need to know how to limit that part of the connection. Im a ocmputer major :( but still dont know how to do this. Im running XP prof. Thanks for ideas, and more comments always welcome.