PDA

View Full Version : They BUFFED the Striker.

Lise
2003-10-16, 02:45 PM
Well I'll be damned. It looks as though they buffed the Striker, in a sense.

Here's my logic: Previously, it took 4 missiles to kill a MAX. It now takes six. So, previously, a TR with a fully-loaded Striker and 3 boxes of Ammo (a fairly standard loadout, when you get an AI weapon and medkits too) could kill three MAXes. Now, you can still kill the three MAXes, but it uses up 18 out of 20 missiles. They BUFFED the thing, you now have missiles left over. :D

Granted, we have to hold the lock, but in it's new (admittedly nerfed) range the locks seem to come easier. I think on the whole the Striker didn't actually come out of it as bad as I thought it would. Still need to play with it a bit, but the damage potential is still there. :groovy:

bryan25
2003-10-16, 03:00 PM
Is it harder to kill aircraft or easier.

A reaver for example?

Queensidecastle
2003-10-16, 03:01 PM
Time to Kill is longer. Thankfully now this gives MAX suits a chance to escape before getting pwned

JakeLogan
2003-10-16, 03:32 PM
Like I said eariler I'll take my limited range and short ammo just give me back my old striker.

FPMachine
2003-10-16, 04:00 PM
its not an AA weapon so dont complain about it not killing aricraft.

Indecisive
2003-10-16, 04:06 PM
Thank god. The striker needed this n3rf, now its finnally here. :tear: im so happy.

Good. Now TR has nothing to whine about. They get a trade off.

Madcow
2003-10-16, 04:10 PM
Good. Now TR has nothing to whine about. They get a trade off.

You must have missed the part where the TR weren't whining about the Striker, it seemed like VS and NC for the most part. ;)

InfiniteStorm
2003-10-16, 04:14 PM
All I saw was TR whining about the striker "nerf" since the balance pass announment came out.

bryan25
2003-10-16, 05:06 PM
I am pretty sure InfiniteStorm is right. :trsucks:

Aen
2003-10-16, 05:17 PM
I am pretty sure InfiniteStorm is right.

^^^ Thats funn3y ^^^

Madcow
2003-10-16, 05:18 PM
The poor winky face just doesn't have the power it used to...

Happy lil Elf
2003-10-16, 05:28 PM
I think you misread what he was trying to say, Madcow. He saying since it's a tradeoff the TR should have nothing to whine about. This of course will not be the case. In fact just go look at the OF boards if you can stomach them long enough to.

Nitsch
2003-10-16, 05:29 PM
I read the OF boards once...then I decided that sticking sharp sticks in my eyes was more pleasant.

Madcow
2003-10-16, 05:56 PM
I swear, time was throwing a winky face into your post would let others know you weren't being completely serious. I didn't actually mis-read the post, I cleverly (or not, apparently) turned it around and referenced the way the whining had just changed sides was all. It was a joke, I promise!

Jagd
2003-10-16, 06:11 PM
Buh-doom-psh!

DarkDragon00
2003-10-16, 07:47 PM
my problem with the striker is that the lock sometimes doesnt happen even if ur within 20m of ANY target, it happened a few times with a vangaurd and magrider, i had to switch to dumbfire mode to shoot anything out before dying.

Veteran
2003-10-16, 11:20 PM
I get the lock bug from time to time too. Just curious as to why anyone would use the Striker while the Decimator is in the game. Not only do you get a missile that can take out a MAX in two hits, but you can splash the ground and do megadamage to two MAXs at once. Throw in the Thumper and Rocklet Rifle and Special Assault slays AV mathematically. It makes no sense.

JakeLogan
2003-10-17, 10:23 AM
I mainly use it to take out things at long ranges. well now that I've used it more sure its not as powerful but the extra ammo and the slightly faster ROF its a better Anti V. doesn't work good on maxs or aircraft, but in a sense they made it more tuned towards its intended role. Sure I want my old one back but hey when life gives you lemons make lemonade.

InfiniteStorm
2003-10-17, 12:06 PM
Yea madcow, I did miss the little wink. My bad buddy.

Diddy Mao
2003-10-17, 02:44 PM
I don't even hit After burner when I get Striker lock now ;-)

Veteran
2003-10-18, 12:28 AM
Striker was tied with Jackhammer and Pounder for most-whined-about asset on the official forums, so nerfing it was a move to please a lot of people at once, which makes sense. It was never an especially uber cert, because Decimator always owned it.

TR is red, which triggers a lot of hostility in the primitive mind, so we've been subjected to more nerfing that the other empires. Do we mind? Nope. Adaptation is priceless. Don't ask me what soothing blue and mysterious purple do to the average psychology.

ghost018
2003-10-18, 01:26 AM
Clip size of the new Striker is pretty good. Sure, it may not do as much damage but that's why people should squad. Attack Max's/Aircraft together and they'll still die. This just takes some getting used to. We'll all learn to love the new version and the morons who hover constantly to shoot rockets at some enemy ground vehicles will still be blown away.

ghost

Doop
2003-10-18, 09:21 AM
Bah. Deciminator > Striker, now. Before, Striker >>> Deciminator. With the Deciminator, you have devestating damage, and can hit slow moving targets, and there are a lot of slow moving vehicles out there. Tanks, MAXes, aircraft standing still, Gals even when moving, Liberators even when moving, etc. Before Striker could own any armored target that crossed it's vision, and it was one of the most cheapest things in the game, and even I being a TR say that we needed this nerf, if I was a Vanu or NC, I would be pretty pissed too.