PDA

View Full Version : New underdog

IronWolf
2003-10-17, 11:52 PM
VS players always mention the reason they play VS is because there the "underdog". The truth of this is shown when all the servers say they need VS. but lately after and before the balance patch the servers are switching to showing TR needed alot more(mainly emerald and konreid)
Alot of the TR i played with have left and joined another empire. "i want to join NC/VS becuase i like there maxes/tanks/HA..ect". Well TR isent bad but it dosent have the tempting edge the other empiers have, after the balance patch the TR became more plain and medeocer. It woudent be to surprising to see all the server wanting TR in a month or so. so that would basically make the TR the new underdog. :(

Kikinchikin
2003-10-17, 11:55 PM
heh fine with me, more baddies to kill.

na seriously quit leaving damnit. I mean i can see leaving if ur like br 20 and have nothing else to do with TR (maybe) but not if ur mid way through leveling i mean come on.

IronWolf
2003-10-17, 11:57 PM
hehe, i never said i would leave TR. "loyalty until death" holds a little bit more sway with me. :p

Kikinchikin
2003-10-18, 12:03 AM
na not u everyone else general statement

Indecisive
2003-10-18, 12:08 AM
Threads like this sucks. Go back to OF plzkthx

Veteran
2003-10-18, 12:34 AM
Silence, Gohan.

As for the Empire Need thing, it was because it was bugged before. There were times on Konried when there would be 17% TR and 42% VS and it would report VS on the Empire Need.

Looks like a bug fix.

Katanaboy
2003-10-18, 12:38 AM
Empire Need is based on time. It calculates the population over a few hours and displays the one that had the least over those few hours. The numbers are a measure of the population at the exact instant that you're looking at it. So when you see 42% VS and VS are getting +2% exp +3% hp, it just means that very recently a large number of VS logged on.

Well, this is my explanation for it, anyway. Feel free to correct me.

Veteran
2003-10-18, 12:44 AM
Sounds reasonable to me.

ZionsFire
2003-10-18, 12:50 AM
Yeah the empire benefits are based on the last 24 hours and they are based on population soo...or was it 12 hours?

LSnake23
2003-10-18, 01:40 AM
http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/planetside/Forum8/HTML/022822.html

This was Spork's respond on the pops...

We'll have to wait a few days to make a real post-Balance Pass analysis and spot any ongoing trends. You saw a need for TR on all servers, but as I write this, this is the TR population:
Werner 31%
Konried 34%
Emerald 33%
Johari 34%
Markov 29%

Generally healthy, I'd say. But we'll see what happens as more people try the new weapon properties.

Victor Wachter
Community Relations Representative
Many questions can be answered by reading the PlanetSide Game Info and FAQ

Just thought you should know.

2003-10-18, 01:53 AM
VS players always mention the reason they play VS is because there the "underdog". The truth of this is shown when all the servers say they need VS. but lately after and before the balance patch the servers are switching to showing TR needed alot more(mainly emerald and konreid)
Alot of the TR i played with have left and joined another empire. "i want to join NC/VS becuase i like there maxes/tanks/HA..ect". Well TR isent bad but it dosent have the tempting edge the other empiers have, after the balance patch the TR became more plain and medeocer. It woudent be to surprising to see all the server wanting TR in a month or so. so that would basically make the TR the new underdog. :(

Yeah it looks like it.

SandTrout
2003-10-18, 01:55 AM
I do /who teams all the time, and on emerald I usesualy come up with something like this:

NC: 34%
TR: 34%
VS: 32%
(these are from when is was on earlier durring prime time)

There is no real underdog anymore.

NightWalker XI
2003-10-18, 02:51 AM
IronWolf:

Stop whinning you little bitch, as soon as VS finnaly get some power everyone whines like a little street corner whore, shut the fuck up and go back to the OF's

Flammey
2003-10-18, 03:46 AM
I don't know, 2 days in a row I saw that Emerald needed NC. That's like a first ever. Emerald. Needing NC players.
pimp:

DramaticFanatic
2003-10-18, 07:26 AM
.......after the balance patch the TR became more plain and medeocer.......

Honestly, I have always thought the TR have been plain. This is the same with Starcraft, I have always thought the humans were plain. Well, I equate the TR with most humanly and traditional. I think maybe people are becoming more experimental on Emerald, because you have to admit that TR weapons are plain. I really loved the Mini-Gun at first, but I chose Vanu because they were more out of place. Plus, I loved the flying maxes from the start. However, there is one problem with the Vanu (In My Opinion), that when I use the lasher, I get used to leading the shots, so when I loot a mini-gun or jackhammer my brain is used to leading. :(

Infernus
2003-10-18, 09:22 AM
Fine leave the TR... more empire bonuses for me...

But last night on Emeral we were balanced I would say... 33% TR 34% NC 32% VS when I logged off.

Indecisive
2003-10-18, 11:51 AM
I do /who teams all the time, and on emerald I usesualy come up with something like this:

NC: 34%
TR: 34%
VS: 32%
(these are from when is was on earlier durring prime time)

There is no real underdog anymore.

:nod:

WritheNC
2003-10-18, 12:34 PM
I don't know, 2 days in a row I saw that Emerald needed NC. That's like a first ever. Emerald. Needing NC players.

That's just the balance pass culling the weak. I'm glad they're gone.

Now on the server list, I see 1 server needs NC(Emerald), and 2 needs TR, and 2 needs VS.

Kinda a little better balance than seeing the VS symbol across 4 out of 5.

Mango
2003-10-18, 12:47 PM
Who cares who the underdog is. Just go out and kill stuff.

Hamma
2003-10-18, 01:14 PM
I doubt that 2 days means an entire shift in empire population.

Patience young padawans, its just a bunch of momo's who cant handle a few balance changes.

2003-10-18, 01:49 PM
i won't believ in any "underdog" until an empire reaches under 29% of the population.

SecondRaven
2003-10-18, 03:26 PM
Psh the NC are the underdogs

lets see who flames me for this :) oh and by im joking about NC being the underdogs

2003-10-18, 07:08 PM
^sorry to say but...dumbest post i've ever read

"I hate asdf! flame me!

jk i like asdf."

wts?

noxious
2003-10-19, 01:35 AM
Seems like on Emerald NC needs the help. We rolled over Hossin three days in a row (today we couldn't take Mulac though). We never roll over Hossin.