PDA

View Full Version : Post balance pass Maxes

Kikinchikin
2003-10-18, 06:20 PM
Just wondering which maxes everyone thinks are the most effective now that the balance pass has been implemented.

Today I leveled up my VS character on Konried. I mistakenly got comet instead of quasar when trading in my magrider. Turns out the comet and the Starfire are decent AI weapons, especially since stacking damage is implemented. I also do not like the new pounder nearly as much as the old pounder, for i get the same amount of grief but much less damage per shot. and the damn reload time is unacceptable, but thats not the point. Anyways in my opinion Vanu Maxes are the best because of their VERSATILITY! woah the empire benefit has finally manifested!

bryan25
2003-10-18, 06:25 PM
I think the NC scatter MAX is pretty damn good.

Neon Apocalypse
2003-10-18, 06:27 PM
vanu quasar max owns now

2003-10-18, 06:52 PM
i hate MAXs. period.

althoug it might have to do with the fact that i run aroudn with no armor...

JakeLogan
2003-10-18, 08:08 PM
It sucks TR got screwed again. They really messed up the DC max too I think one buddy counted 30 rounds to kill a reinforced grunt.

Hamma
2003-10-18, 11:09 PM
Thats because its supposed to be an AV weapon.

Veteran
2003-10-18, 11:16 PM
The VS AV MAX kills infantry like lightning.

Not complaining, just recalling a very fast death.

Kikinchikin
2003-10-18, 11:19 PM
maybe i killed you today veteran? Were you on solsar or amerish at all in the early to mid afternoon?

dscytherulez
2003-10-18, 11:20 PM
Yeah the comet is pretty hot now, and they really did fuck up the DC max. It sux against heavily armored vehs too, It cant take a tank for the life of it. The burster is much better now though. I have a quasar, i hate it, it takes forever to kill a grunt with it. They almost have enuff time to get off 2 decis at close range b4 they die if they are in reinforced, in fact sometimes they do if u miss a couple of times...

Edit: Its good at ranges now though

Kikinchikin
2003-10-18, 11:21 PM
wtf i thought they boosted the quasar?

Veteran
2003-10-18, 11:41 PM
Very likely Lilbird. I recall some good battles there.

noxious
2003-10-19, 01:27 AM
Keep in mind this is coming from someone who plays VS 90% of the time- Comet was overbuffed, pounder was overnerfed. I have no input on the other MAXes.

SandTrout
2003-10-19, 01:28 AM
Quazar is more dangerous outside than any other MAX because an airborn max is extreamly hard to decimate. Indoors, they kill me most of the time before I can get that second deci off.

Flammey
2003-10-20, 01:56 AM
No, the Comet is very decent at outdoor medium range battles. Short range battles are dangerous for a Comet, as the exploding plasma tends to hurt itself quite badly. But the Comet is decent at AI and AV just not AA, unless that AA is not moving at all. The Comet is better at AA than the Starfire, as the Comets shots explode, so near misses still hurt. But with the Starfire, you can not hurt yourself in short range battles. As for the Quasar, if you can't own people short range with it, despite that guy holding a Decimator, then you suck balls. Right now, the Quasar can kill a soldier with a Decimator at short range even before he can get a second shot off, sometimes even before he can get the first shot off, if you catch him off guard. As for the other MAX's, I dunno, I've not used them since the patch. mainly trying to work on my VS CR since the addition of platoons and increased CR EXP makes it easier to get experiance when you cap a base. I got 4500 for one base on Hossin yesterday morning. The rest of my squad got 2200 each. I'll take that.

Lise
2003-10-20, 02:13 AM
I dunno, I've had horrible luck at anti-infantry with the Comet. I'll be getting all three on my Markov character tho.

Veteran
2003-10-20, 02:14 AM
I wonder if one empire using fewer MAX units on average would actually be a boon. Imagine all the extra vehicles, hacks, repairs, rezzes etc. that would be generated by people not sweating it out in a monkey suit.

I dropped all my MAXs, even the Decimator-hungry Burster, and I find my equipment skills are much more useful because of it.

Still, it would be fun to hack out an enemy MAX suit once in a while, if equipment terminals produced enemy assets. As for my dream of an electronics-warfare MAX, probably a longshot too.

WritheNC
2003-10-20, 02:39 AM
The new maxes are great. There are lots of them around now.

gonnagetyou
2003-10-20, 02:38 PM
On Markov I've seen some huge squads of MAXs. I once saw 11 of them working together. Was an awesome sight. Last night I ran down into a spawn room we had taken and there were about 7 Comet MAX all lined up facing the tubes with Engineers behind them. A little VS play on the TR/Pounder trick.

Aen
2003-10-20, 03:03 PM
I can only speak for the VS Maxes since Im currently trying two of them out..

The Quasar got buffed but its right about where it should be.

As for the Comet, it might be a little overpowered. My example would be my very first time in a comet EVER. Not even in VR I think. I walked out of a tower that the TR were just starting to attack. There was a Lightning, a Reaver and a Max(? pretty sure) I destroyed the Lightning fairly quickly, when i noticed i was being shot down by a reaver. So I hit the jumps and flew towards it shooting the whole time. It took off, so i didnt think i killed it but I forgot about the aggravated damage and it blew up bout 50m away. I was freaking amazed. So then I headed to the base where i dropped a max and then got decimated. That was with a n00bie Comet user too....