PDA

View Full Version : Ok you guys forced me to do it!

irsolazy
2003-10-21, 12:14 PM
I just purchased PS on ebay with buy it now for 19.95. Should be coming in 3-4 days I would think. You guys forced me to buy the game! Sheesh! This better be good, better than BETA, if not I'm hunting your ass! :groovy:

Indecisive
2003-10-21, 12:27 PM
/me readys the hunting rifles.

wait...20$ ? Thats a damn good price. I bet someone already used the key. roffleban.

irsolazy
2003-10-21, 12:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3054486567&category=11050

noxious
2003-10-21, 12:30 PM
I bought it for 19 with an unused key.

...And don't worry, it isn't

arctik
2003-10-21, 02:03 PM
I got mine from amazo.com for 19.99 as well, works fine, and unopened.

aiwest420
2003-10-21, 02:32 PM
This better be good, better than BETA, if not I'm hunting your ass!

I would have to say the game is better than beta right now.

CTD's: beta: ALOT. now:rarely

server lag: beta;oh god... now: rarely get lag

fps: beta: slideshow now: laggy, but playable in small fights

balance: beta was pretty unbalanced, tr had the only good ha, tr maxes ruled, thresher/mag took tons of dmg on small bumps, all vs maxes sucked,etc.
overall PS is pretty balanced now, still some issues with maxs/buggies, but they'll eventually get em right.

xp/battles: beta: full kill xp sharing in squad made for alot of fights out in the open, outside the SOI's, etc. emphasized fighting over base caps

now: with the huge kill xp boosts in the BP, there's alot more fighting outside bases, alot less emphasis on base caps.

pimp:

Lise
2003-10-21, 02:41 PM
Yeah, server/internet lag is pretty good these days if you've got a good connection. Video lag can still get hard in bigger fights, though.

As per balance: it's better than it's ever been, but I still have a few issues (namely the nerfing of infantry AV in general, the Jackhammer, and the current sad state of infiltration.) It's not anything game-stopping IMHO, though.

I still CTD occasionally, but only after or during gigantic moshing zergfests. In smaller fights, smooth as rain.

Really the only major gamestopper are the damn door bugs. Wish they'd hurry up and fix those. :(