PDA

View Full Version : Wireless KB+Mouse

dscytherulez
2003-10-25, 04:48 PM
Ive never really used a wireless keyboard, but is there any lag time between when u press a key or move the mouse? A while ago i heard there was and they suck for games and im getting my new comp soon and i was just wondering if i should go with the wireless or not. Hows PS work with them?

Rbstr
2003-10-25, 05:43 PM
wel my dads comp has one and i don't nitice any lag, but i havent used it much

dscytherulez
2003-10-25, 06:46 PM
I heard that for doing regular things u cant really notice a difference, but when ur playing a game the xxx milliseconds makes a big difference. But i heard that a long time ago and they could be much better now, anyone else with any info?

Daleon
2003-10-25, 08:42 PM
I have a Logitech MX700 that is about 5 times faster than my MS Intelieye and even quite a bit more accurate. But I can't use it. I have never liked the Logitech style and after 2 or 3 hours of hardcore playing the bones in my hand feel like they are going to break. Its just to big and my hand is accustomed to the smaller MS size. If it was smaller, I would use it all the time. Its also one of the more $$$ mouse on the market, so you get what you pay for. But its generally won quite a few awards and rated high from gaming sites. The wireless logtech KB now is the shiz, black and silver, and very nice. You can generally find a combo of these two for like $100 at most places. Just make sure its got the MX700 and not the 500 in it.

NoSurrender
2003-10-25, 09:32 PM
oh yea i forgot microsoft has a bluetooth keyboard/mouse set that got very high marks but bluetooth is dead and its super expensive...

Sputty
2003-10-25, 09:46 PM
oh yea i forgot microsoft has a bluetooth keyboard/mouse set that got very high marks but bluetooth is dead and its super expensive...
IT's not dead, it's being used a good amount as it's good and dependable generally. I hate wireless stuff though

dscytherulez
2003-10-25, 11:40 PM
So wait, no lag time if u buy good stuff, but there is if u buy cheap stuff? Im not quite sure what comes with the comp im getting, its not very detailed, just says "Wireless Keyboard + Mouse (Silver PS2)" But if ur saying its gotta be top of the line ill just get non wireless stuff and be done with it, its cheaper anyway.

Daleon
2003-10-26, 03:36 PM
Anything that comes from a System maker is usually cheap junk and I would stay clear of it.

Rbstr
2003-10-26, 04:18 PM
i dono, the first comp my family ever bought was an original Pentium system (133 mhz) , and that thing was acctualy built very well and used some high quality stuff, like an ATX mobo(they realy didn't catch on for another year) and the last system we bought(before i started making them) came with a realy high quality optical mouse

dscytherulez
2003-10-26, 04:56 PM
Sheesh, i ordered it now, worse comes to worse ill buy a wired one for 10 bucks lol. I don't think who i am buying this from is like that, they gave me pretty high quality shit, plus i upgraded a lot of it. I dunno, like i said, if it sux ill just go buy another one, or take the old one from my other comp, no big. W00T! I FINALLY GET MY COMP!!! THANK GOD!!!! Should be here by this thursday.

Rbstr
2003-10-26, 05:23 PM
your not making it yourself? you its far cheaper, I biuld a P3 celleron system for my dad tht outpreforemed the p4 comp we wer using at the time becuase off all the "extra" software that was running in the background that we didn't need

ZionsFire
2003-10-26, 05:39 PM
Hey Rbstr how many bones did you spend on that one in your sig?

Rbstr
2003-10-26, 05:51 PM
well it will be around 700-1000 i think totol inclduing monitor and keyboard witch i had already, should have gotten the P4 though and a radeon 9600 pro. the cost would have only gone up 100 bucks

[EDIT] I also know of some places were you can get the stuff cheaper than what i ordered it for, namely www.buyxg.com just bought a Spark 7+ and 2 UV led fans, i'm gona try to get this celeron working at 3ghz

ZionsFire
2003-10-26, 08:15 PM
http://www.buyxg.com/system/special.htm

Holy shit!

That system WHOOPS my system and mine was 1000!

FUCK!

Rbstr
2003-10-26, 08:18 PM
the memory the graphicscard and the sound need some help, the rest of it is sweet

ZionsFire
2003-10-26, 08:19 PM
Ok but my graphics card is a S3 ProsavageDDR with 32mb of memory. Thats pretty uber to me.

Rbstr
2003-10-26, 08:36 PM
i feel, i went from a Tseng labs with 8mb of memory PCI to a radeon VE (aka 7000) that was a shock

AztecWarrior
2003-10-26, 09:52 PM
I have a Logitech MX700 that is about 5 times faster than my MS Intelieye and even quite a bit more accurate. But I can't use it. I have never liked the Logitech style and after 2 or 3 hours of hardcore playing the bones in my hand feel like they are going to break. Its just to big and my hand is accustomed to the smaller MS size. If it was smaller, I would use it all the time. Its also one of the more $$$ mouse on the market, so you get what you pay for. But its generally won quite a few awards and rated high from gaming sites. The wireless logtech KB now is the shiz, black and silver, and very nice. You can generally find a combo of these two for like $100 at most places. Just make sure its got the MX700 and not the 500 in it.

Feh. I have big hands, I preferred my old Logitech mouse. I forget the name, but it had a ball and was naturally shaped. The only problem was that you had to clean it once in a while or so. My optical is good, but I still want a better shape/size.

Daleon
2003-10-27, 08:29 AM
Rbstr - You got an optical mouse with a P133 system? I was well into the P2, maybe early P3 era when I got my first MS Intelieye, one of the first opticals. Before then I would go through a MS USB 3.0 Pro every 3 months, one of the best ball mouse ever built. I've had boomslangs, and the 3.0 Pro was the bomb. Just $50 every 3 months really sucked. Its still a fav among many top prof gamers.

Aztec - You prolly mean the old mouseman. I have a friend who still uses them today. Weird thing is I have pretty good size hands also, but just prefer MS contours I guess. Except Explorers, POS.

dscytherulez
2003-10-27, 08:36 PM
http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15775

Thats my comp and i think i got a good deal on it. It basically was built by me, just not assembled you see...nearly anything in it was a standard on that comp, i only paid $1741 for it, and 2 months ago i added up the cost of the individual parts for the computer that i PLANNED on building and it was over 2k...ill save the building for when i get the money to get "exactly" what i want, as for now, im really happy with the comp i got, cant wait to test it out.

Pendragon
2003-10-28, 05:20 PM
I have the new MW Inteli-Explorer wireless.

They upped the transmit speed to 100 updates per sec from 40 - the Logitec does 125.

I notice zero lag.

Its $50 and used regular AA batts - not rechargeable but they are supposed to last for months.

I actually bought a Kensington wireless because it was the biggest mouse at the store - a lot bigger than the MS and I have GIANT hands. It was ergo perfect but it was the most horrible, useless mouse ever.

Lots of people say the Logitec and MS ones are too big - they are too small for me, but they are the best thing going.

WildHamster23
2003-10-30, 06:12 PM
Don't get a expensive mouse hardcord gamer will usually break their mouse in 2 months...
I suggest go to frys and buy 20 cheap mouse for $2.00 each... so everytime you break one just throw them out of the window....

Rbstr
2003-10-30, 09:03 PM
i never had a Optical in that p133 system, i was talknig about a differen one we had.

Wait on second though i did put and optical on it right befoer i striped all the stuff out and basiaclu made a new system out of it, used a PS2 adapter didn't work that well however...

Daleon
2003-10-30, 09:54 PM
Cheap mouse? Thats like buying cheap condoms, not something I would suggest doing.

dscytherulez
2003-10-31, 10:12 AM
I upgraded that KB+Mouse to optical for an extra $30 so it shouldnt suck.

WildHamster23
2003-10-31, 12:41 PM
I would never buy cheap condoms... (condoms are expensive 8.99 for a small box and gone 2 weeks hehehe).... I love college life... But I would not spend too much on a stupid mouse...

NoSurrender
2003-11-01, 02:07 AM
Logitech and microsoft mice seem to expire in months. It doesnt matter though because we spend $10-20 on em. I dont like the high quality mice because i get to worried about it. The thing thats more important than ur keyboard and ur mouse is ur chair.God i love a comfortable chair :D