PDA

View Full Version : planetside super bug!

keaoi
2003-10-27, 08:55 PM
ok, so the whole game refuses to load, launcher crashes ALL THE TIME.

u reinstall and it works now, cept.............

everything is white. players, buildings, vech. all of it white!! the only things i can see are the skybox and the windows (ie chat, map, squad, etc)

HELP. i have reinstalled 3 times. reinstalled the drivers, repaired windows. i am seriously pissed.

VashTheStamped
2003-10-27, 09:03 PM
:doh: weird....sry i cant help

Rbstr
2003-10-27, 09:21 PM
man thats crazy

keaoi
2003-10-27, 09:26 PM
i know, still isnt fixed, im going to try reinstalling ONE more time. if that doesnt work i am going to use the PS cds as coasters i swear to god.

AlexRaider
2003-10-27, 09:30 PM
whoa ... i feel your pain i cant play ethier, till i buy my new computer and thats gonna be in a while ><

Daleon
2003-10-28, 12:22 AM
Have you tested other games, 3dmark, etc? If they are all ok and its defintely only PS... then damn your luck sux. If others mess up, it sounds like a video card problem.

What card, drivers? I would use one of the driver cleaner programs. Ppl make them for both ATI and NV. Then reinstall possibly an older driver. Also check sites more related to the type of card you have, may have better luck finding answer.

keaoi
2003-10-28, 12:22 AM
here is a link to a pic to show what it is i am talking about

http://www.planetsideimages.com/WTF.JPG

keaoi
2003-10-28, 12:54 AM
ya i tried other games, i use a GeForce4 Ti4800SE, with the branspankinnew drivers. the other games ran fine

Ait'al
2003-10-28, 02:45 AM
its lack of memory capacity or software combo. Its just may not have the capacity to hold the surface textures.

What your comp stats

memory=lack of space in general resaulting in not loading stuff tostop yoru comp form freezing until you reboot.

software=lack of software period or maybe incompatible software. Have you looked at the FAQ that comes with the game when you install it. Look in it for your hardware adn read the common/known problems and go form there.

Daleon
2003-10-28, 10:51 AM
You know I've seen that before. It was back in beta when I was using my 8500/64. Don't remember what I had to do to get rid of it though.

Is the text on your screen that odd or is it just the screenshot? If it is, you may want to adjust your AA/AF, it could be affecting it.

TheRagingGerbil
2003-10-28, 11:05 AM
1st - Post your computer specs.

2nd - I had this once after tweaking my video settings. If you turn of the fog emulation table in the nvidia properties, all the textures turn white.

keaoi
2003-10-28, 11:41 AM
ok here are my specs

mb - Asus A7n8x Deluxe
cpu - Athlon 2500+ Barton Core
gpu - GeForce4 Ti4800SE
hdd - Western Digital 120GB JB
ram - 512DDR 3200mhz

Running XP and use a DSL conncetion through SBC. Have the latest drivers and and thats about all i can think of atm. The thing that doesnt make any sense to me is that it has been running fine. no probs at all. even in beta i ran fine. CC goes live i update to a new patch, then all this happens.

Ait'al
2003-10-28, 05:22 PM
The system req is 256 ram but because of teh huge nature of hte game the recommended req is 512 mb. You need want to have atleast 1gig or more to have a chance at getting rid of perfomance issues.
I think the expansion is caussing to many new issues and is making the ram requirements skyrocket or something. Which is why youll be hearing alot of guys with even 1 gig complaining.

TheRagingGerbil
2003-10-29, 03:21 PM
Check your pagefile size. CC has some severe memory leaks.

1 gig of memory will dramatically improve your system performance.

I had a problem getting the new launcher to work after DL'ing CC. To fix it, I did the following:

1) Start the launcher and sign in. Don't start the game though.

2) With the launcher still running, open you planetside directory. Delete Planetside.exe.

3) Click full scan and let it do its thing.

4) Close out the launcher.

5) Restart the launcher and enter the game.

Since you do have a nvidia card do this as well:

1) Right click on you desktop and click on properties.

2) Click on the settings tab, then click on the advanced button.

3) Click on the Nvidia tab.

4) There is a slider drawer on the left side of the nvidia window. Inside is a menu with a whole bunch of settings. Browse through these until you see somehting about fog (I think it's called "Fog Emulation Table"). Make sure the button next to this option is checked.

Black
2003-10-29, 03:53 PM
I got the exact same problem on this comp i got keaoi i feel your pain.

keaoi
2003-10-29, 11:19 PM
thanx for all your help guys. i fixed the problem on accident. The new video drivers for my video card and the CC update were somehow incompatible. beats me but its fixed.

ps- not sure who's fault it is (SOE or nvidia) but the new drivers worked fine before the patch, so Im leaning towards SOE on this one.

2003-10-31, 12:27 AM
I had a problem like that except for I saw towers where there weren't any and didn't see stuff wehre it was and sometimes didn't see chat box either. It was right after I download a driver update. Then I rolled back my drivers and it worked fine. I don't know if it'll work for you though.

TeraHertz
2003-10-31, 02:37 AM
Um, has no-one said the obvious? Defrag your HDD, scan for errors, then install the game to a clean direcotry (in other words, make sure the sony/planetside directory doesn't exist at all)
It could be hard drive errors.

Also, roll back your Geforce drivers to 45.23 or close to them. The newest drivers don't work on many games for me and cause BattleField1942 to crash intermitantly on startup. Sometimes it has missing textures or see through walls. Others it works fine.

[Edit] Sorry, i missed the second page where you found the problem. Silly me.

Derek
2003-11-01, 08:45 PM
i have the exact same problem on my sys. every other game works fine. i emailed sony support too and have not heard back from them.

1.8 g P4
768 megs PC800 RDRAM
G-Force FX 128 mg video

i don't think it is the ram