PDA

View Full Version : Moniters

Ait'al
2003-11-02, 01:41 AM
Who has the best flat monitor. And who has the best lcd monitor. What type of moniter do you consider best.(not just flat and lcd)

Hamma
2003-11-02, 02:00 AM
I like sony trinitrons.

I have a KDS 15" LCD, pretty nice :D

Ait'al
2003-11-02, 05:37 AM
Is the trinitron better than there computer moniters?

And if yes does the 54" hook up to a comp.8) lol
Since i was going to get the 23"P. Only a few hundred difference
Or can it connect to a cable box and a comp at the same time. (I've never had a flatscreen before.)

dscytherulez
2003-11-02, 09:51 AM
Trinitrons imo are one of the best monitors out there. Im not really a total flat monitor person, but you gotta at least have a pure flat screen, i love mine.

Ait'al
2003-11-02, 03:22 PM
ok maybe ill get a 54" for gaming and a flat for rendering 8).

Do the trinitrons support moniter resolutions though, or do they just take it because there tvs, Plug into Usbs, need adaptors, extra programs to use with comps?

Thats kinda what i was wondering

dscytherulez
2003-11-03, 08:51 AM
Trinitrons are monitors, not TV's.

Daleon
2003-11-03, 10:53 AM
Ah, your not going to want to get a TV for your computer monitor. Unless your buying a Wide Screen High Defintition Plasma and a high end XGA video card to go along with it.

As for TOP of the line CRT -
http://www.iiyama.com/default.asp
Trinitron's are a joke. Diamondtron's are highly regarded as the best of the best. The 19-22"'s are preferred by almost all graphic artisits. They also have some of the highest refresh rates going. Highly suggest the Vision Master 454.

As for LCD -
NEC makes the best. Just make sure you get something with 16ms refresh if you want to game with it.

Personally I would almost give my left nut for the Apple Wide Screen Flat Panel. Everytime I go into Compusa I get drool stains over the screen.

Ait'al
2003-11-03, 08:55 PM
Oh! They had trinitron listed under tv on the sony site, so i thought.....

MilitantB0B
2003-11-03, 09:15 PM
I don't dig on flat screen monitors, bad for gaming and to 'spensive.

NoSurrender
2003-11-03, 10:27 PM
For CRT's Id go with a Viewsonic A90F+ a 19inch used by alot of CAD artists. I got the 17inch model and i :love: it

Squick
2003-11-03, 10:42 PM
A little tech FYI of the day on Sony Trinitron monitors...

As you may know monitors basically work by arranging where lasers hit the screen in a pattern. Almost all monitors use circular dots, and the distance between those dots is called the "dot pitch." So a smaller dot pitch means the monitor can make a finer line.

Trinitron monitors use SQUARE pixels! Their pixels on average are quite a bit larger then circular pixels, but because they are square they butt up against their adjacent pixel exactly. So for applications where you have many verticle and horizontal fine lines a Trinitron monitor is unparalleled. (CAD stations are just that)

But for most applications, such as gaming, you do not have more horizontal and verticle lines then you have diagnol lines. So for those uses the Trinitron will look worse because instead of having the arc of the circular pixels fairly close together, you have sides of large square pixels far apart. Secondly, all Trinitron monitors are made up of two or three seperate screens. Holding those together is a very fine metal retention line 1 pixel wide. This line extends from side to side of the monitor and irritates some people a lot.

Personally I love NEC and Hitachi SuperScan Elite monitors... Both have high quality "high-end" monitors with extremely low dot pitches, very high resolutions, and very high refresh rates. I have been using my Hitachi Superscan Elite 751 19" monitor for over 6 years now... It is the ONLY component of my computer that has not changed in that long. The monitor still performs flawlessly at 1280x1025@85hz, and I see no reason to replace it until 30"+ monitors become under $500.

Squick

WildHamster23
2003-11-03, 11:07 PM
I agree with the Viewsonic AF90... I own one and it is one of the best... I'm thinking getting a new Viewsonic G90f... I will give the AF90 to my Bro. Any advice with the Viewsonic G90f??????

Daleon
2003-11-03, 11:23 PM
The G90f is pretty schweet. Telling you though, Diamondtron tubes are the absolute best there is. If I didn't have my p1100 21" that has held up so great over the last 4 yrs I would switch in a heartbeat to one. They are a little more pricey though than most Viewsonics. The G90f though is prolly pretty pricey also.

NoSurrender
2003-11-04, 08:30 AM
theyre pricy but worth the money because you can tell the difference on a quick look.

Ait'al
2003-11-04, 05:20 PM
whats ergonomics, and TCO99 and MPRIII, and the shadow mask on the 19" Iiyama.

Daleon
2003-11-11, 11:15 AM
This is one SWEET LCD

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1918

Hamma
2003-11-11, 12:19 PM
I need it.

Ait'al
2003-11-11, 01:53 PM
Wheres its specs. I cant find it on its two links.