PDA

View Full Version : Does PS use specific ports *Router question*

Gimmelead
2003-11-24, 09:06 AM
Hey guys,

I recently purchased PS this past weekend and I haven't played PS since Beta, so I am looking forward to getting back into the action. So I got myself up and runnign with PS and the CC expansion pack and was getting started, going through the training to gain my early BR's. I played for about 4 hours last night, however I kept having a connection issue that I didn't get in Beta.

I would either get a box stating that my client has stopped recieving packets and my only option is to exit the game, or on the rare occasion I simply got "You have left the world". I was averaging either of these issues about every 15-20 min last night. Very frustrating. So I decided to drop my gaming rig into the DMZ (past my firewall) and the issue appeared to go away. For giggles, right before I logged out I put my system back behind the firewall and about 10 minutes later....same issue.

So...does anyone know if the PS client uses specific ports I can forward to my gaming rig to resolve this issue. It appears to be a firewall issue, at least at the moment. Any and all help provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gimmelead

Zatrais
2003-11-24, 01:36 PM
http://planetside.station.sony.com/support/tech_support/firewall_proxy.jsp

Gimmelead
2003-11-24, 02:34 PM
Thanks Zatrais, I was looking for it on the SOE site but couldn't seem to find the exact ports. Thanks for the reply bud.

Gimmelead

Zatrais
2003-11-24, 02:36 PM
You're welcome :)

Rbstr
2003-11-24, 03:18 PM
thats wierd becasue i have a firewall router and never opend any of the ports yet Ps still worked, but MW4 didn't until i opened them