PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this idea?

Rbstr
2003-12-07, 12:06 PM
Ok yesterday, my first day of having reaver back i found that it lacked the AV punch it once had, i though it would be great if i could load up on AV rockets that did little damge to Infantry at all but perhaps could damage a tanks to the point of it retreating with critical damage. And it spawned from there.

Ok my idea is vehicle customization, it goes for all 3 of the single person combat vehilces (reaver skeeter and lighting) it also add emire specificness to them

So i decide i want more AV power and don't care for Ai as much with my Reaver, I go up the the tech plants top floor and use that term that does nothing to customize my reaver's wepons systems, then whenever i spawn a reaver it has those wepons, untill i go back to a tech plant and change it, or there is no tech link, so you get the regular vech if no tech plant is linked!

Keep in mind that the Vehicils apearance reflects the wepons its using.

Heres what i see for options
Skeeter: you pick one of the following
Regular 25mm CG
or rapid fire rocklet launcher, clip of 40, 40 per ammo box

NC: Vehicular Sparrow, like the max but less damage, clip of 10, 10 per ammo box

TR: 10mm AP Vulcan Cannon, think spitting out a 200 round clip of AP Cycler ammo in 5 seconds, 400 per box

VS: Vehiclular Quazar, more damage than the max, AP (only take 1 ammo not 2)and regular shots, more accurate, 40 shot clip, box of 40

Reaver: Regular mg and one of the following.
Regular rockets

Bombs: ok you know that black line on the lib for the pilot? put that on a reaver and thats were the bombs land, 2 per clip 2 bombs can take out a Skygaurd, boxes of 4.

Or a dual 35mm Cannon(lib's pilot gun) and no other weps (the regular MG is scraped)

NC: Dual Gauss Cannon, very long range, fire rate that of a 3/4 of a 75mm cannon, direct fire, clip of 10, boxes of 10, No spash damage but if you hit it does a 100mm cannons worth of damage.

VS: Dual Vehicular Lancers, Lancher with no charge before firing, more damage 12 shot clip, 12 per box of ammo, i would say take out a lighing in one go type damage.

TR: Dual Rocklet launchers,, fire rate of the regular reaver MG 24 shot clip, has the secondary fire option, but whe you use the secondary fire the gun has to cool dowm for 5 seconds (because that could almost destroy a mag in one shot)

Lightning:
One of the Sketers options(for the left side)
And one of these
Regular 75mm
a 35 mm Cannon (like the lib's)
a thumper with choise of ammo types and a bit more power

NC: Single guass cannon like the Reaver but half the clip size
TR: The gun on the maruader, but with more AV damage
VS: The vehicular lancer again half the clip but faster firing

So what do you think? (i can see the smoke on the horizon, the flames aare nearing)

Cauldron Borne
2003-12-07, 01:04 PM
actually it sounds alright, tone down some of it 'til the bitchers can't rightly bitch. the vecs are nice how they are, but these ideas would buld up on them. the ideas should make the vecs stronger in some sits, but weaker in others. and there should be a timer for them, like 6-12 hours before you can change the weapon setting.

Nimbus
2003-12-07, 02:40 PM
Pretty good, could use some refining. I definately like the idea of empire customizations. Something I've always wanted on common pool vehicles.

ZionsFire
2003-12-07, 03:25 PM
Instead of dual 35's, could it be dual 25's? I mean, 1 35mm chews fast enough.

Ait'al
2003-12-07, 05:07 PM
wheres the im voting such and such but didnt read it. 8P

KIAsan
2003-12-07, 07:07 PM
I like the idea, but you should have to make the tradeoff a little bigger hit. For example, if you add a different gun to the mossy, remove it's afterburner or shield.

If you add more to the reaver (bombs), remove all it's other gun (so it is a bomber only).

It really doesn't have to be too severe, just enough of a hit to ensure not everyone flys around in super reavers.

How about making the reaver into a dive bomber? Where you actually have to line up the crosshairs on a target and get into gun range to release. Now that would be really cool and require some skill other than spamming the vehicle pad at 400 meters.

Also, you should have to go to the tech plant, each time you wanted this special system. You would have to bind there and respawn. Making it like the loadstar/Gal is today (something that takes some work to get).