PDA

View Full Version : Don't use roadrunner if you can help it!

Rbstr
2003-12-12, 05:20 PM
I have to say this service is nice and fast, untill you have a problem. Their tech support is absolute bullshit! They have gotten us no help at all saying our network addapters aren't configured right and they have to have a direct connection to one computer.
This is crap! My connection was working fine and nothing has changed at all but one day it starts to go bad and it got progressivly worse to the point that is is less reliable than AOL 56k, it barely gets over 800 bytes a second now! and then downloads stop after 30 seconds or so. They have offereed no help at all only Bs that makes them sound smart i bet those idiots don't even know what LAN stands for!

/end rant

Man i wish everest(everest is an all in one thing, digital cable, local phone, and BB) would get to my block but TW is the only company that i can get cable net from. I would strongly recomend that if you have a choise of similar speed CAble connections don't get the TW one

Sentrosi
2003-12-12, 08:01 PM
It's too bad you had a bad experience with RR, because I have never had any problems with the tech support up here in Albany, NY. The problem was probably caused by a faulty router or something in their system. To have your setup crash so quickly like that points to a problem on their end, not yours. I'd suggest escalating the problem up to management. Next time, get the CSR's name or ID number and then, if they aren't being of any help, ask to speak to their supervisor. Keep escalating it up the chain until you are satisfied. Customers paying $45/month for that kind of service will quickly leave for DSL, which is something that cable won't like. Remind them of that when you talk to them.

Daleon
2003-12-13, 10:31 AM
ALL Cable Internet companies support sux ballz to wall. They outsource to basically phone operators that read the same freaking instructions over and over for every problem. I quickly learned to tell them all I want is someone scheduled to come out asap and they better not miss the appointment!

Atl has gone through so many cable companies i've been on them all - RR, Media One, AT&T, and now ComCast. The networks never really changed though and been fairly reliable. Usually when have problem it works itself out in a day or so.