PDA

View Full Version : GeForce FX 5200 Ultra Overclocking

cloudj110589
2003-12-25, 12:55 PM
If I have a fan built on my video card will overclocking it burn my card up? thanks for the help

NoSurrender
2003-12-25, 02:06 PM
It might if your overclock too much. I have no idea how much you can Overclock a 5200 because theyre budget cards. Also a Fan is the standard so you can pretty much guess its there. id check your current tempature on your card and move on from there.

xxhereticxx
2004-01-03, 11:09 PM
i'm running a regular 5200. when i overclocked i edited my registry to activate coolbits. all i did was click auto detect. here's a link to get coolbits and certain setup things. i prob i had though, is the directions say to disable vsync. whenever vsync was disabled and i ran planetside there were no caracter textures so all the characters where bright white, and all i could see on the conts were the tops of the trees and the viewing distance was really short. so follow everything except turning off vsync and lemme know what happens.

How to OC any NVidia card (http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/18550/)

Rbstr
2004-01-03, 11:17 PM
auto detect is not nessicarily good because it detects for the tempurature it is at at the time, its best to just up the clock speed by 5 mhz for a while and if not problems up it another 5 mhz when it starts to gitch lower it 1 mhz untill it done't glitch any more (or crash)
And you can melt/fry your card to se causious(sp)