PDA

View Full Version : Sound Card?

dscytherulez
2003-12-27, 08:41 PM
Ok, I have a SB Audigy 2, and creative labs 7.1 surround. All in all it should be one of the top stock stereo systems there is...BUT! When I turn the volume up past around the average listening volume, everything gets distorted. I have my comp speaker settings at 85%.

My friend has the same sound card and Creative THX 5.1 surround and his gets a LOT louder without distortion. I've tried everything i can think of but i just cant fix it.

One other thing, currently I only have 3 (left, right, and front center) of the 7 speakers hooked up because i need wall mounts for them but i cant afford them right now, they are like $20 for one.

Any ideas on why the fudge it sounds like shit when its not even that loud? I only really notice it when i try and play music of some sort. But a system like this should be able to go a LOT louder than what it does.

Ait'al
2003-12-28, 02:55 AM
hook up the other speakers and just sit them somewhere and see if it still does? Are the speaker new enough to handle whats coming from hte card, if thats a possibility?

If its a 7.1 set of speakers maybe it cant handle all of that to just the 3/4 speakers and it overloads to easily form the extra sound?

Sentrosi
2003-12-28, 03:01 AM
check where the sound settings are for your software first. More than likely they're cranked up all the way.

dscytherulez
2003-12-31, 01:17 PM
No, like i said, they are at 85%. I'm gonna try hooking them all up, i hope it fixes it. One other thing:

This really pisses me off. My card looks exactly like an audigy LS, and comes up in settings as SB Audigy Audio [9000], but it says Sound Blaster 2 on the card. Do you think they jewed me and just slapped a SB2 sticker on the card or is there a low end audigy 2 that looks exactly like an LS?

Edit: I just hooked up all 7 speakers, and granted it sounds a lil better, its not as good as I want >_<. It should still sound better than this...

Edit..2: Well, if i dont get this fixed ill just burn everything to cd and play music on my stereo. I would prefer to be able to do it on my pc though...grrr...

Edit #3: Ha, i reinstalled all the drivers and everything, and it seems that they fudged it all up. I repaired everything and now it works great. Dunno why that would make such a big difference though.