PDA

View Full Version : Packet Loss and Ability.

TeraHertz
2003-12-29, 10:28 PM
I usualy get 0.4% packet loss and I'm ok. When I get 0.1% packet loss I'm near unstopable. When I get over 1% packet loss my hits don't even seem to register at times.I have ADSL with the UK's biggest ISP, and for every other game and purposes it's as stable as a rock.

I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed something similar. When my packet loss is up, my outfit m8s is usualy up as well, so I rekon its the server, or the game client code receiving and handeling data badly.

It seems to be that marginal packet loss is a symptom of something much worse. Personaly im getting a bit tired of it. I know how well I CAN do from other games, and times of near zero loss. Is it a silent bug loosing bullets, commands, and actions? Has anyone else noticed this trend?

Indecisive
2003-12-29, 11:01 PM
Earlyer today, say 9pm est, everyone stoped reciving packets for like a minute.

Planetside............

feh.

Rbstr
2003-12-29, 11:18 PM
don't complian i have had up to 30% packetloss before i got my modem replaced.

iiTropicRaiNii
2003-12-30, 08:31 AM
Yah I have had that happen to me but I can still kill up to 2.0 Packetloss. I usually get around .0 - .4 packetloss which isn't too bad.

Madcow
2003-12-30, 09:28 AM
I used to play on 56k, and was always 0% packet loss. It wasn't until I got cable that the packet loss started. It's usually below 1%, but I've seen it as high as 4 at the beginning of gameplay.

iiTropicRaiNii
2003-12-30, 09:29 AM
Highest I have ever had was 10 that was very bad.