PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick help before i finish building my PC.

Zompton
2004-01-07, 08:27 PM
My processor and RAM will be here tomorrow and i already have my computer almost all wired up. Ive never built a computer before so i need to re-check a few very simple things. This might sound dumb but, on certain wires i dont know which color is posative or negative.

HDD LED = red(+) black(-) {i know that one lol}

JP2 Power LED = Greed(?) Black(?) {i would guess green+}

Power Button = green(?) white(?) {again i would think green+}

Reset Button = white(?) black(?) {no damn idea}

Anyone that knows forsure please help.

Squick
2004-01-07, 09:14 PM
Buttons do not have a pole, power flows through them or doesn't.

As for the power LED, plug it in and see what happens, they won't blow. I never get all the LEDs in right the first time, I never even power the computer off before switching the LEDs.

Zompton
2004-01-08, 12:40 AM
26 views but still only one reply with help? Oh well.

_-Gunslinger-_
2004-01-08, 01:47 AM
Didnt your MOBO come with a manual? If so use that.

Daleon
2004-01-08, 08:20 AM
Those are just button controls and led indicators. There is no +/- you have to worry about. You can put them in sidewides for all it cares. Just use the MB manual to find witch jumpers are for which wire and plug them in.

Zompton
2004-01-08, 11:31 AM
In that case my PC is ready as soon as my RAM arrives ANY damn minute now. DAMNIT FEDEX HURRY!!! See you guys on the battle field once again later tonight!

Sentrosi
2004-01-08, 12:25 PM
Look for a triangle at the top edge of the connector. That is usually the + wire.

Rbstr
2004-01-08, 03:31 PM
^ = correct, sometime it is a bit hard to figure out the + and - side on the ones that have to be the right way but on try and you know to put it the other way.