PDA

View Full Version : Most Important Part of a PC

Daleon
2004-01-19, 08:02 AM
I'm bored at work, and this has been bugging me for months now. So for me the MOST important part of my pc is not actually anything inside my pc. Its something I have to have in order to use all that fancy stuff inside my pc. Its my mouse. I love my mouse, but lately he has been a really bad boy and I think its time to retire him.

The mouse even more than the keyboard it is an extension of the player. Someone who doesn't go to the time to pick a suitable mouse for their personal likes and dislikes is not a real gamer. This small piece of equipment can mean the difference between life and death in the heat of battle.

For a long time the mouse made no difference to me. It was a simple little 2 button box. Then as gaming took off and I actually started competiting against other players in games like glQ or Q2 the mouse became much more important. Speed and fast reflexes along with high accuracy were where it was at. This is when I found my first mouse love, the Microsoft USB 3.0 Pro. The high end version of their standard USB PS2 scroll mouse. This thing was great except I would have to replace it about every 3 months. Not cheap at $45 a pop or so. I played so much that I could easily feel the degraded performance after a few months and as soon as I connected that new mouse I was again at the top of the ranks. This mouse molded me into the MS style of mouse and would ruin me for all other brands. I tried some other high end ball mice such as the Boomslang Razor in attempts at an even greater edge in gaming. This mouse was fast but almost to fast even with sensitivity adjusted to it lowest. Also the size and shape were just to uncomfortable for long hours of play. Eventually came the laser mice and I thought yes! No more replacing my mouse every 3 months. I got the MS Intelieye, the mouse I use to this very day. It was the same shape as my long previously used USB 3.0 Pro and performance while not as accurate seemed good enough. I've sense used a number of other types of mouse for other pcs, at work, and even in attempts to replace the aging Intelieye. I've tried various new MS mice, but they are to big and fat. I've tried the Logitech MX700, but while its extremely fast and accurate, again the shape is to big and will cause my hand to feel sore after an hour or so of use. Only going back to my small form fitting Intelieye can I get back to playing all day with no pain. The only problem is I think the little guy has had it. After clsoe to 5 or 6 years, incredible, of long daily use its finnally starting to skip and slow down. Now to find a replacement but what? MS seems to have abandoned the gamer market for mice completely and only show focus on the web surfer with their current line of mice. Gone are their days of the small palm fitting replaced with bigger hundred button cheap plastic often replaced laser mice. No chance in ever finding my hayday mouse, the 3.0 USB pro as they only seem to make the non Pro PS2 version now. Logitech actually caters to gamers decently, but their software can be flakey with some games, and again the feel is just all wrong.

My short story on the mouse, don't even get me started on mouse pads!

Rbstr
2004-01-19, 10:17 AM
Mousepads? those are so however-many-years-it-was-ago-the-optical-mouse-came-out.

I want an MX500 so bad that mouse is perfect for my hand, this Logitec Basic one is not cutting it any more its getting too old and it skips and does wierd things. at the least i think i need a new one of these, thier so comfortable

They still make the one i have its very small and comfortable, but it only hs the two buttons and the scroll.

Smaug
2004-01-19, 02:27 PM
When I got my old dell it had a logitech mouse and I got really used to the feel, it was basically an mx500 with the dell logo. So when I got my new comp I got an mx500 and its awesome, nice and small. I dunno I've never seen this microsoft mouse you're talking about but the 500 is real small compared to all microsoft mouses I've seen.

Ait'al
2004-01-19, 03:49 PM
OMG you noob RBSTR as all real computer people know, The most important part of the computer is the POWER SUPPLY! Have a good day! This is the test of a persons true knowledge of computers. If you dont completely know why you dont deserve to touch a computer. Assuming your not a base lv user.

Rbstr
2004-01-19, 03:55 PM
dude i didn't start the thread why are you yelling at me?

also could you imagine playing PS without a mouse?

Ait'al
2004-01-19, 03:58 PM
Yes i could. Can you figure out why the power supply is the most important though.

Eidt: Well that finnaly tells us about Daleon. Get hamma its time to redo the tech forum. 8\

Sputty
2004-01-19, 04:04 PM
What the fuck are you babbling on about Ait'al? There's no single most important part. Without the others nothing works. It's just opinion. Stop trying to act like you know more than other people. You're just an idiot.

Dharkbayne
2004-01-19, 04:05 PM
Aital is officially retarded. kthxbye

Ait'al
2004-01-19, 04:16 PM
You people are idiots. This is why everyone who had a clue left. 8\ When you all learn understand what another person means then well talk. this is why i always thought the damn youngins coming into the the computer world should be shot. Bet you cant figure out why! :ugh: (this is sarcasm, just so you know. since you cant seem to spot it or anything else.)

Dharkbayne
2004-01-19, 04:17 PM
Aital, it was a JOKE.

Rbstr
2004-01-19, 04:18 PM
flames in my forum, no :tear:

though you can technicaly go without HD's and video cards and soundcards and CDroms but then your comp would suck, every component is very important.

Ait'al
2004-01-19, 04:30 PM
That wasnt the point Rbstr. There are always other mediums and input devices. Youre mixing up specific devices with there general purpose. (IE storge input etc.) From a literal and more expansive veiw of the parts by there purpose and the general design that has been chosen for pcs and has been for a long time. The one thing they all, and i mean all, tie into is the PSU the others can buypass things or work on there own. The PSU is the one thing they all have to get something from, (the cmos too because the batery is recharged by the power through the computer) because they were designed to all rely on it. Basically if you havent understood what i mean yet, the PSU is, because of its design, the most important part of the pc, if you ahve a comprehensive understanding of a computer as a whole, and dont have to struggle at all to think of a computer as a complete and working thing, you know that from the least of thought. Im not explaining the rest of why i said this because it seems noone remembers anything. Sadly.

Smaug
2004-01-19, 05:25 PM
What the fuck are you babbling on about Ait'al? There's no single most important part. Without the others nothing works. It's just opinion. Stop trying to act like you know more than other people. You're just an idiot.

My thoughts exactly.

Rbstr
2004-01-19, 05:38 PM
But Ait you fail to realize, you computer does nothing witou a CPU, or a motherboard to plug into the PSU.

Daleon
2004-01-19, 11:29 PM
Ait'al, you need to work on your sarcasm. If you had said the most important part of a PC is the chair you sit in then maybe someone could pick up on it. But your just taking what was a simple post about a mouse and turning into some kind of debate. Not everything here has to be a debate and your not always right, no one is. I have a $150 550watt Enermax PSU, so I hardly need to be told about my PSU. To me it does its job, it doesn't affect my performance when playing a game in anyway as long as it does its job. Now a mouse on the other hand can do its job and still have a very big affect on your performance in a game. As such, the mouse you pick out can be much more important than a PSU. With a PSU you just spend the cash to get a good one, with a mouse thats not always the case.

Ait'al
2004-01-20, 01:06 AM
If only any of you could figure out what was actually going on right now. Its funny how you complain about something being a joke when you dont get anyone elses comments if there not completely literal. You have missed every point of what i post and keep babling about points you dont understand. My post was completely irrelevant to you damn posts point. Im not the one who doesnt understand whats being said here! Not that any of you care.

And daleon that wasnt the damn part of my post i meant when i said sarcasm.

martyr
2004-01-20, 12:39 PM
trackball > mouse, imo

Dharkbayne
2004-01-20, 12:43 PM
martyr, you are BIZZARE

Daleon
2004-01-20, 12:49 PM
Sorry Ait'al, i can never figure out what you mean. I guess there is something wrong with everyone else and your the one thats normal.

NoSurrender
2004-01-20, 01:34 PM
Aitial :stoppost: . Hamma i think u need to give rbstr the ban stick.

Rbstr
2004-01-20, 03:26 PM
not like to hit with right, you mean give as in be able to use, i hope? perhaps i will just lock this thread if more flames appear

Cyanide
2004-01-20, 07:39 PM
OMG you noob RBSTR as all real computer people know, The most important part of the computer is the POWER SUPPLY! Have a good day! This is the test of a persons true knowledge of computers. If you dont completely know why you dont deserve to touch a computer. Assuming your not a base lv user.

You don't have any room to call anybody a computer newb. Every post I've seen you make is full of geek wanna-be crap with stupid buzz words thrown in here and there. You asked for pricing on a T3 and OC-25, obviously without knowledge of what either of those things are, or what is involved with actually implimenting one. So get rid of your own newbness before you call somebody else a newb, or refer to yourself as "real computer people".

The truth is that there is no real absolute "most important" part of a computer. If any one component sucks then it will cause problems. All the parts are important.

Rbstr
2004-01-20, 07:44 PM
ok this threads done

sorry to people that weren't flaming