PDA

View Full Version : Regeneration.

Ait'al
2004-01-23, 07:23 PM
What if htey upped the regenerate implant to a positive healing number per stamina points instead of health. It currently does 1 for 2 stamina. If htey upped it to 2 per 1 stamina it would not affect the game as much as you might think. You could not get the benefit while in combate much because of damage and its obvious drain on stamina. But would then make a great tool to heal after battle or when you can get a way from it with enough stamina possiblly making battles more dynamic by making it easier to keep going at one enough if your skiled to get away and heal in time. You can still take someone out just as quickly by doing enough damage fast enough thus not changing combat to much. It would make it more like real combat making it easier to regroup more often and could make the implant more popular hopefully making the implants that much for even in use balancing gameplay by brining all the implants in the game into more even use. This could make more room for more aggressive attacks and strategising while cutting into simpler things like zergs and heavy use of ams by making it more fesible to stay alive and give you more things to keep you alive and not make you count on dying as much. Does this sound like a good idea?

Has this been suggested is this a popular idea?

Is it also reasonable to say if longer life spans came of this people would rely on advanced medic to revive since they would think it would more affect on battle than to just respawn at an ams. You could still use amses just as much to resupply ammo instead of reviving or to reequip something else. But you could conceivable need less of htem and eventually they could be less of a target making htem more effective to leave out in battle.

Riyu
2004-01-23, 08:02 PM
"You could not get the benefit while in combate much because of damage and its obvious drain on stamina. But would then make a great tool to heal after battle"

I think that's exactly what they don't want. And besides...that's what medical is for.

NoSurrender
2004-01-23, 08:29 PM
2 things. First do u want to kill off medics? and Why dont u play PS then comment.

ObnoxiousFrog
2004-01-23, 09:06 PM
http://www.p0stwh0rehosting.com/uploads/Frog/aitality.JPG

Bwa ha ha ha ha...justice is mine!

Rbstr
2004-01-23, 09:17 PM
http://www.p0stwh0rehosting.com/uploads/Frog/aitality.JPG

Bwa ha ha ha ha...justice is mine!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JakeLogan
2004-01-23, 09:27 PM
Well for the time being then we would have practically immortal surgiles

xmodum
2004-01-23, 09:36 PM
ph34r th3 fr0g's sk1llz

NoSurrender
2004-01-23, 09:42 PM
dude you know how i feel about aitial. WHy arent i in therE?

ObnoxiousFrog
2004-01-23, 11:06 PM
It happened on IRC. And seriously, I really can't draw all of PSU shooting the guy. Note the annoying "8)" smiley as his face.

Dharkbayne
2004-01-23, 11:20 PM
Yeah, Aital, to quote martyr you don't play planetside.

Don't make comments on game mechanics UNTIL YOU KNOW HOW THE GAME WORKS.

Ait'al
2004-01-24, 12:29 AM
Medics would still have and overwhelming need to heal other people if every one was sucking all there stamina more quickly. And they would still have the role to resurrect people. People would be better off not getting medical themselves and start relying on people getting with medical and maybe make them the nearly sole people useing it. Its just an idea. IM probly not stating it all right.

Indecisive
2004-01-24, 12:40 AM
Best. Pic. Ever. Period.

Dharkbayne
2004-01-24, 12:42 AM
Medics would still have and overwhelming need to heal other people if every one was sucking all there stamina more quickly. And they would still have the role to resurrect people. People would be better off not getting medical themselves and start relying on people getting with medical and maybe make them the nearly sole people useing it. Its just an idea. IM probly not stating it all right.

YOU DON'T PLAY PLANETSIDE

Ait'al
2004-01-24, 12:45 AM
Then why dont you get the hell out of the thread. YOu dont have to sit here and post in it, or read it.

Dharkbayne
2004-01-24, 12:47 AM
How about you stop making suggestions to a game you've never played? That's getting REAAAAALY annoying. Just buy the fucking game before you post suggestions.

NoSurrender
2004-01-24, 12:50 AM
Aitial if your so fucking rich go make your own forums where someone gives a fuck about your opinion.

ObnoxiousFrog
2004-01-24, 02:10 AM
Yay.

Anywho, Ait, seriously. Game Discussion warrents either that you are asking about the game that you are going to buy, whining about the game you have, or making changes to make the game you have more.

Not coming up with random changes that wouldn't work in the actual gameworld.

Ait'al
2004-01-24, 02:20 AM
I am going to buy the game and i am asking something about it.

Dharkbayne
2004-01-24, 03:55 AM
Not to mention this would totally fuck up the game, because if you stand still you could regen as long as you wish, because you would regen stamina as fast as you lost it. Of course, Aital doesn't know this, because he's NEVER PLAYED PLANETSIDE yet he is full of game ruining ideas.

Fenrys
2004-01-24, 06:42 AM
If they made it so that you could not move or attack while regenerating, it might not be game-breaking.

Lithpope
2004-01-24, 09:14 AM
Just FYI,

I currently have Regen on all my Characters and if you crouch your Stamina comes back faster. I generally find a defensible corner, break out my MGC, crouch and regen. I heal pretty quick. Regen works well crouched but, it does cost you some mobility, if moving and regening it eats Stamina FAST.

FlakMan
2004-01-24, 09:21 AM
Too much trolling :ugh:

Ait, just buy the game already. It's 20 bucks up front and 13 a month after that. Not that expensive. Get mommy to drive you if you don't have your own car.

kreeten
2004-01-24, 10:26 AM
Just curious no flaming here, But why do you post here if you haven't played before? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Onizuka-GTO
2004-01-24, 10:31 AM
Maybe he just likes to play the "Planetside: PSU Forum Combat" Expansion set? (�34.99/$20.99) :lol:

Indecisive
2004-01-24, 02:47 PM
I put the yeti on ignore a looooooooooooooooooong time ago.