PDA

View Full Version : Everything is Flashing...

Good53X
2004-02-03, 05:31 PM
Hey, I just installed PS (I downloaded it off of Fileplanet I think, i got the free 7 day trial) and all the terrain features (building walls, rocks, trees) are flashing in and out, irregularly. Sometimes they don't, somtimes they do. It seems that at certain times the buildings completely disappear, and I can see the people inside moving around - this musn't be supposed to be happening.

I have a pentium 4 2.4 ghz comp running at 2.42, 768 megs or ram (512 + 256) pc2100, and an ati radeon atlantis 9600 pro I believe.

I was told it was a very intensive game and that I might not meet the requirements... but that seems a little harsh. Anyway, I plan on buying this game if I can fix the problem, so any help would be appreciated!

PS> Plz don't bash me for not searching the forums first, I'm in a rush to get home. Ttyl~

Rbstr
2004-02-03, 05:42 PM
All i can think of are drivers try updating those (www.guru3d.com), you should be getting decent FPS with that machine.
This could be related to the Black textures that happen in the basments of facilities sometimes.
Also thankyou for posting your specs in your first post., as that is a rarity around here.

dscytherulez
2004-02-03, 07:44 PM
Yes its your drivers, get the new 4.1's from www.ati.com

Good53X
2004-02-05, 03:31 PM
I am using SAPPHIRE's RADEON 9000 Atlantis Pro, 128. I was wrong about my video card. Unfortunately RADEON's drivers from Ati.com didn't work on my computer, it re-registered my video card with 0.0 Megs of ram... that's right, 0.0.

I dug into my mobo box where we keep all our important software and reinstalled my original video drivers and... PERFECT. It works just fine, thanks. I know it was a roundabout way, but without trying to install the ati drivers I never would have installed the originals, and never would have been able to play this fantastic game so well. I now have full draw distance. ^^ Thank you *SO* much!