PDA

View Full Version : Strange graphics/network problems

Compo
2004-02-07, 10:19 PM
Hi there, bit of a strange one this, everything i've tried has no effect what so ever.

Basically all of a sudden (after the patch) PS has started jerking about quite bad. Thing is i can have 0 people around or 100 and it stays the same. Also the FPS (using fraps and /stats) remains around 100.
Offline training works with absolutely no problems, just online play is effected.
Also i seem to the pinging the servers quite high, the closest server to me (markov) pings at around 250 which should be fine, although it is still a lot more than the 30-40 ping that I am used to. The jumpy graphics seem to be there during character selection aswell.

I've tried all sorts of tweaks etc and nothing is helping, 4 differant graphics card drivers have been tried and i've reinstalled the game.

In the past few days i've defragged my hard disk 4 times.

My system specs are:
AMD Athlon 2000+
512mb Corsair ram
Radeon 9600 Pro 128mb
Asus A7N8x Deluxe mobo

Oh yeah, the game is running fine on my brothers machine although he has a much lower spec and is on the same network as me.

Any help on this will be much appreciated, im tearing my hair out over it lol

Rbstr
2004-02-07, 10:23 PM
hmm try tunring Animation Culling back of in teh video options tab

Compo
2004-02-07, 10:33 PM
I've tried messing with all the settings, nothing makes it stop.

It gets even weirder, i just logged onto the test server and everything ran perfect, ping was great and it was all good and smooth.

Rbstr
2004-02-07, 10:50 PM
Hmm i can't think of anything past that. Reinstall DX9b, Network card drivers, and if those don't work Reinstall PS.

Try the stuff here too
http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/showpost.php?p=314379&postcount=2

Compo
2004-02-07, 10:52 PM
I have already done all that, right now I'm reinstalling PS again after a complete clean out of everything PS related on the drive and registry. Fingers crossed.

Why can't things just work? lol

Rbstr
2004-02-07, 10:54 PM
Thats a good question, i think it has something to do with a guy named Murphy, Damn him to hell!

Cyanide
2004-02-07, 11:53 PM
I have already done all that, right now I'm reinstalling PS again after a complete clean out of everything PS related on the drive and registry. Fingers crossed.

Why can't things just work? lol

Because if everything worked right we'd have to get our drama from soap operas and B movies. :D

Anyway, if that doesn't work for you then you should probably try playing some other games online and see if you notice any problems with them. That way you could tell if it's a PS thing or something wrong with your internet connection.

Compo
2004-02-07, 11:57 PM
I tried other games, and like i said i could even play on the test server with no problems.

Anyway it's fixed now... wanna know what I did?

Well basically after removing every trace of PS and sony stuff from the system I reinstalled it and still had the problem.
Then i thought ahh well just one more thing to try then, so i copied the test server directory over the top of the normal PS directory and it worked! No idea why or how that would work but it did.

I wonder what i would of done without the test server directory lol