PDA

View Full Version : I need...

Rbstr
2004-03-05, 08:44 PM
I realy need something to burn ISO images, i can't see to do it with either Roxio 5 or Nero 5 express.

Nero 6 hasn't come out with a demo version yet.

does anyone know were i can get(leagaly) something that can do this?

EDIT: Needed to burn Knoppix, and Dos bootable CD's as i have no floppy on this comp

Phaelon
2004-03-05, 08:51 PM
Legally is tough, Windows has a built in burning capability, however it may not extend to burning ISO images.

Do you have the full version of Roxio 5? As in Easy CD Creator 5? If so there should be an option under File, that allows you to "Create CD from image".

Phaelon
2004-03-05, 08:54 PM
Try this, Just looked at it for a sec, looks like it burns Images. When the program is installed, at the bottom of the list of formats to burn, is a image to cd-recorder option.

http://www.cd-mate.com/downloads.php

Rbstr
2004-03-05, 08:58 PM
Its an OEM version, and the acctual program was hidden(not direct CD), but it had a boot disk opption on it.

I'm burning it now, thanks

hope it works

EDIT ^^ Roxio not the other one

EDIT 2 ok its done, i'm gona test it BRB with results

EDIT 3 well it booted, but it just game me a blank screen and stoped, i consider that a step forward, i think for some reason knoppix was missing, so not to try the other thing you showed me

EDIT 4 i realy like CD, mate (haha pun) burning now, also not i am going to surpass dsyths edit record

EDIT 5 OK it worked that time aber Knoppix ist in Deutch, das ist nicht so gut.
must dl correct version

dscytherulez
2004-03-05, 10:18 PM
What was the problem with nero? That's what I use.

Rbstr
2004-03-05, 10:24 PM
But you probalby have the full version all i have is an OEM version of express

dscytherulez
2004-03-05, 10:26 PM
I have the OEM Nero 5 Express too. It came with my PC.

Edit: Actually, it might be the full Nero 5 Express, I'm not sure.

Phaelon
2004-03-05, 10:35 PM
I could have sworn the Nero Express only burns up to 50 MegaBytes of data, and doesn't even burn Images.

The full version works great although, If you play a lot of games and are looking to make copies of games, I would grab Alcohol 120%. It has a huge amount of features and it cracks practically ever cd protection known to date.
http://www.alcohol-software.com/

dscytherulez
2004-03-05, 10:42 PM
Yeah, alcohol 120% is supposed to be nice, but there are some problems with some games when you burn using alcohol and then for some reason the game doesn't play while alcohol is installed.

I myself never had a prob with nero 5 express. I'm almost positive it's express, but I could be wrong. I haven't used it in a while.