PDA

View Full Version : Headset for Ventrillo and TS

dscytherulez
2004-03-10, 10:38 AM
Ok, im looking for something along the lines of a head set/mic for Ventrillo and TeamSpeak, but I don't want a desk standing one, and I dont want one with headphones. I hear desk standing ones suck and I'd rather not replace my 7.1 speakers with tiny little headphones. Any suggestions?

Edit: Is there a way just to filter things from Ventrillo or TS through the headphone or do you have to do it all? If I could just do people speaking through a single headphoned headset, and have everything else come from speakers that would be good too.

Edit2: I'm looking for something fairly cheap...under $65 preferably.

Edit3: I know this is cheap and probably shitty, but before I pass judgement, how about this one: http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?src=NT&item=12686

Edit4: This one? http://www.wholesalers-direct.com/ahs15.html

SecondRaven
2004-03-10, 11:56 AM
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=536346/search=Plantronics/ut=1831830a1edb3dab

The above link is for the Plantonics .90's, i have them and i love them. They have great sound and the mic nice. The link will give you options on where you want to buy them from.

Liquidtide
2004-03-10, 12:43 PM
I just got a headphones, mic set for 19.99 at circuit city. I'm happy wtih them, you have to pump all the audio through them though you can just split the voices off, that would be nice. My set has mute and volume control.

~Tide

Rbstr
2004-03-10, 03:19 PM
I have a boom mic from my first computer and a set of Labtec LT-820's i found in my dads office. I looked the up and they're about $20 for a set, very nice sound, atleast the best headphones i've ever heard.

I think i'm gonag try t find on of the single ear things with a mic on its that will plug ino the USB directly so i can use it For TS and my speakers for PS

Cyanide
2004-03-10, 03:58 PM
Go to buy.com and search for headset. They have quite a large selection of single ear headsets, which is what you're looking for I think. You could just not plug in the headphone and it would basicly be just a headset mic.

Alternatively you could search for a desktop mic that's Uni-directional. Meaning that it only picks up sound from where it's pointed at. Most people say desktop mics suck because most people have an $8 piece of shit and don't realize it.

Phaelon
2004-03-10, 05:34 PM
I have a 7.1 setup as well, I have a one ear speaker/mic and i leave the speaker off my ear. Just mics are out there, like headset mics but they might be a bit more expensive. Just look for something that has a seperate analog plug for MIC

Rbstr
2004-03-10, 05:41 PM
Cyanide if you talking to me.

I ned somethign that has its own Audio decoding, so i don't have to plug it into my card

so i can have different programs using different things. So i would have the single ear phone/mic thing doing TS, and the speakers doing TV, Music, PS ect.

dscytherulez
2004-03-10, 07:05 PM
So I take it you can't just channel voices through the headset? Ok, then im looking for just a headphoneless headmic.

Phaelon
2004-03-10, 07:43 PM
Filtering stuff like that is really tough, I doubt you could do it with a stock sound blaster Audigy card, I would search through Google for software that might be able to do that, or look in the options of TS and what not. I didn't see that option myself in Teamspeak.

Rbstr
2004-03-10, 08:20 PM
if you have two audio devices you can do it, but my onboard sound doesn't work with my SBA2ZS so I need to find a USB thing

Biohazzard56
2004-03-10, 08:27 PM
Just get UT2004 Special Edition, it comes with USB Logitech Headset :brow:

TheN00b
2004-03-10, 08:40 PM
Just get UT2004 Special Edition, it comes with USB Logitech Headset :brow:

My precious... :brow: Me------>Very:drunk:

J/K

Seriously, I just got a new headset/mic from Office MAX for $14.99. It works fine, and was obviously dirt cheap.

Cyanide
2004-03-10, 09:15 PM
Actually, I was talking to dscytherulez. But anyway, if you wanted TS sound to go to your headset and the rest of the sound to go to your 7.1, you can get software that will create virtual audio devices. Then you can tell TS to use a virtual audio device that's mapped to your headset, and tell everything else to use the real audio device. Problem is that the headset would still need to have an analog jack to plug into. Which would mean you would have to reduce from 7.1 to 6.1, or you could get a USB headset (kind of expensive), or a real cheap second sound card.