PDA

View Full Version : Thermal paste

Ait'al
2004-03-30, 01:07 PM
how much do you worry about making sure the proccessor is clean when you put it on. How much do you worry about being neat when you put it on etc, and what results do you get. Mostly how messily do you push the application and still get ok results?

Rbstr
2004-03-30, 03:09 PM
you want it free of hand oils i just whipe it with a cloth.

you want a very thin amount, if this it something that contains silver don't put it all the way to the edges. If it get betweein some circuts it will relay f things up.

You realy want it as measly as you can go, as the thinner it is the less travel the heat does

Ait'al
2004-03-30, 04:16 PM
What do you use in a pinch when you dont ahve the Proper cleaning and rags etc. i have a plastic bag for it, but i need to do some preliminary cleaning. I put some on and took it off and need to get finger prints and stuff off. I need to do a full cleaning on them.

Rbstr
2004-03-30, 04:18 PM
it doen't have to be perfect, just so it's not dirty and stuff, use a papertowel or something.

Ait'al
2004-03-30, 04:19 PM
Who sells Edit: a nice little cleaning kit /Edit ? Id like to buy some to simplify this later. And im using the cremaique. its very sticky and thick sometimes.

Vitter
2004-03-30, 04:25 PM
Follow this guide to the letter when putting on Artic Silver 5.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm